Karlskoga Motorstadion (Gelleråsen ) Coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Gelleråsen 1.jpg

AT LONG LAST! Sector3 Studios have today revealed something rather special indeed - previews from an upcoming track release for RaceRoom Racing Experience - Karlskoga Motorstadion (better known as Gellerasen).

Gellerasen is a wonderful and challenging race track that is home to the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship. The circuit is also the oldest permanent race track in Sweden, the same country as the Sector 3 Studios development team. Many race sim fans will be very familiar with this circuit from the STCC and STCC 2 games by SimBin Studios, the official video game of the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship.

Desire for a new STCC game has been rather strong amongst RaceRoom Racing Experience fans for a long time now and many will no doubt be very hopeful that this preview marks the first in a series of Swedish tracks to come for the sim (or hopefully a precursor to a new STCC pack???). For those of you who are maybe less familiar with the Swedish racing scene, many tracks located in the region can be considered reminiscent of the British racing calendar, with often short and twisting technical locations mixed in with 'old school' high speed / high risk tracks that inspire images of race tracks before the safety police took over and sanitised many icon locations.

You can watch an on-board lap of the real circuit below

What's more, the studio have confirmed release is scheduled for 'fairly soon' and further track announcements are in the pipeline to be revealed in the near future. Exciting times ahead...

RaceRoom Gelleråsen 2.jpg
RaceRoom Gelleråsen 3.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation by Sector3 Studios for Windows PC. The base game can be downloaded and played for free, with limited content. Additional content such as the DTM and WTCC packs can be purchased separately via the in game store.

We pride ourselves here at RaceDepartment on hosting some epic club racing events for all skills and experiences. If you want to take your RaceRoom experience to the next level, why not have a look at our RaceRoom Racing Experience Leagues and Clubs page too see what we have available? We also host our very own sub forum for the sim where you can catch up on the latest news and discussions about the title with your fellow R3E fans.

Looking forward to this wonderful Swedish track coming to RaceRoom? Would you like to see more Swedish content added to the sim (STCC 3 anyone?) Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Not very thrilled about this ones, happy but not over the moon, Sebring, road America /Atlanta, rattle snake point.. Cota..
Meh....i like sebring but the rest of the yank tracks i could care less for, most of the older/other titles all have them and get run to death. I hope raceroom follows Reiza and gives us more tracks based around there area and tracks that are not well known......being different rather than following is sometimes a good thing :)
Personally I loved the stcc packs they had for race 07 as they were completely forgein to me and made for amazing racing

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 51 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.7%