Kamui Kobayashi

I hope they let Webber go and put Kobayashi in the car. :)
I read an artical at madeinmotorsport.com (from app).

May 10 (GMM) Peter Sauber has indicated he will move early to secure the Swiss team's current driver lineup for 2012.The Hinwil based team's founder, principal and owner told Blick newspaper he is happy with Kamui Kobayashi alongside Mexican rookie Sergio Perez."We almost never talk about the future of our drivers," said Sauber. "What I am saying is that we are more than satisfied with our two drivers."Blick said Sauber has learned from the past, when Felipe Massa moved to Ferrari after a strong season with the Swiss team in 2005, and when Kimi Raikkonen was snapped up by McLaren after his sterling Sauber debut in 2011."We want to exploit for ourselves the potential of these two young drivers," said Sauber.

Link: http://f1.madeinmotorsport.com/en/h...kely-to-sign-same-drivers-for-2012-22701.html

At the very worst he could get the Mercedes seat schmacher will leave when he likely retires this year.

I think if webber isn't resigned kobayashis biggest challenge for the seat will be rosberg, but the fact he's Japanese will favour kob as japan is a huge market for Red Bull.

One thing is for sure, if he dosen't resign for sauber he's got a few quality options.

It's hard to tell, both of those drivers had/have better cars then kobayashis did.

I think rosberg is more refined then kobayashi due to experience but I think kobayashi has more potential, and that's not hard to see.

Which is why I think kob has more to show this year.

I think Rosberg or Kubica would do a far better job at Red Bull than Kobayashi IMO.

Completely agree on Rosberg, hopefully time will tell with Kubica. It would be great to see him racing at top form when he comes back this season, hopefully.

I think Kobayashi would be good at McLaren if Hamilton decides to leave and go somewhere else, which I think is a real possibility. He just doesn't seem happy there to me...

Kobayashi quote of the day - "why should I wait if I can overtake?".

You could replace the name with Senna and everyone would say thats what a race driver is all about.

Kobayashi is a great racing driver. He has outperformed cars under him.

I have a feeling he might stay with Sauber for two to three years.
Sauber have already contacted him for a new contract for 2012. If Kobayashi can become the centrer of attention just like in Suzuka last year then I belive he might get a better offer from an other team.

But tbh Sauber is actually doing a great job getting closer to the Mercedes and Ferrari group which is quite impresive.

Unless Mercedes find some pace soon, I reckon it'll be Rosberg who takes it.

I don't think they'll put another experienced strong driver in at Ferrari, purely because Alonso tends to throw his toys a lot lol.
I think Mercedes will do whatever they can to keep hold of Rosberg as a number 1 driver and bring in someone like Di Resta as his number 2.

I think there is no need to exxaggarate Kobayashi's skills. Because Sauber is not a so bad team. Look how Perez got into Q3 while Kobayashi could'nt in Monaco.

If i were a Ferrari-McLaren or Red Bull team boss, i would'nt hire him, he is too aggressive sometimes and a champion driver must learn to drive steady and perfect.

I would argue that if he wasn't as aggressive, would he have finished 5th on Sunday?
I would also argue that if tyre management is anything to go by, he's not as aggressive as drivers such as Hamilton.

explain how he is too aggressive?

hes finished in the points every race, unless your talking about people hitting hes yres ever race and the fuel pump issue he had if thats aggressive then yeah thats stupid.

he had a few set up issues in Monaco but regardless qualifying isn't as important as it once was, and kobayashi's race pace is infinitely more faster then Perez.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back