Kamui Kobayashi "Rising Sun" Fantasy Helmet HD (ML2166)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come guys, grow a bit more thick skin here. Yes it could have been better reported via PM but taking all mods down because of one negative comment is a bit too much overreacting as well. :p

Both of you weren't posting to offend the other but to inform about a misunderstanding that was quickly solved. Would be nice if you both can resolve this privately and let us focus on enjoying all the nice mods.

Come guys, grow a bit more thick skin here. Yes it could have been better reported via PM but taking all mods down because of one negative comment is a bit too much overreacting as well. :p

Both of you weren't posting to offend the other but to inform about a misunderstanding that was quickly solved. Would be nice if you both can resolve this privately and let us focus on enjoying all the nice mods.

I agree but its to late..

taz1004. quit your act being the good democratic freedom fighting ambassador, as all i see is anti-japanese turd. stop watching tv, or any media of any kind since it's content might insult/offend someone.

you are the reason goverments are setting up internet censorship. and one day even racedepartment mods are offensive and illegal as it changes the game one way or another then the developers intended to be played and viewed.

p.s i know i'm being a bit dramatic, this troll is pissing me off. i just watched e "JAPS" Grand Prix and was loving how their JAPS styled helmets and wanted one in-game. now i can't. thanks. edit; found a link to e helmet hurhur. just have to change directory and rename. hopefully that'll work. hope ML2166 returns and share with us his great mods again!

MOD EDIT.
Cleaned up bad language. Keep it decent please.

I'm sure you had no ill intention. It's just that there's not enough awareness of this symbol is western countries as much as Nazi symbol.

Appreciate the prompt removal.
A Nazi symbol isn't even Nazi!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
The earliest archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates back to the Indus Valley Civilization of Ancient India as well as Classical Antiquity. Swastikas have also been used in various other ancient civilizations around the world. It remains widely used in Indian religions, specifically in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, primarily as a tantric symbol to evoke shakti or the sacred symbol of auspiciousness.

So I can do Schumacher and Vettel helmet with swastika and upload it here?

You can't because of the RD rules, BUT, as you can see on the link, swastika is not that evil symbol, it maybe because it became famous after WWI, but now that you know its origin maybe its not an evil symbol anymore, right?

I got you point, but then i just say, if you don't like it, or you felt offended, ok, just don't use the mod.

:mad:
Rising sun symbol is war flag of Japanese imperial army during WW2. It is equivalent of German Nazi symbol. It is confiscated upon display in many international sporting events in Japan. Victims of WW2 would be GREATLY offended by this symbol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_Flag
What are you talking at?? Instead, I should be glad to ML works so great! Share this on other forums in the brains of historical b.s.:mad:
Mod edit
Cleaned up dirty language. Keep it decent please.

You can't because of the RD rules, BUT, as you can see on the link, swastika is not that evil symbol, it maybe because it became famous after WWI, but now that you know its origin maybe its not an evil symbol anymore, right?
Rules are there for reason.

Wolfenstein 3D was banned in several European countries including Germany for its use of swastika. They could've just told them not to play it if it's offensive.

And you guys are upset over someone who left because of one public criticism on the forum? That's offensive? Waaaaa~ This is actually pretty funny.

Taz, I think you might be missing the point. The difference between criticism and blind ignorance is huge. criticism is "Thanks for your contribution, I personally don't care for the way XYZ looks but I'm a huge fan of your other work." Ignorance is "Your helmet is hateful and offensive, REMOVE IT AT ONCE!". Do you see a difference? I'm guessing he pulled his work down because of ungrateful people such as yourself that only pipe up if they don't like someones contribution (at great personal time expense with no profit expected) to the community. So please, take your Ignorant, lame ass, insulting trolling someplace else.. And again, I suggest you quite while you're behind on this one, but this is only a suggestion.

Hey, GTA was banned in several countries when launched. I hope you guys don't play it, really, because that's really offensive to... those people, whoever they may be.

Your statement was moronic. He used the flag only for design purposes, just that. And also, that flag was used designed and used before WW2, so you should probably need to stop reading Wikipedia as your reliable information source. It does NOT have the same impact as using the swastik, for god's sake.

And honestly, I can't belive mods are not punishing cheap trolls like taz1004, seriously guys. You can tell it a mile away.

Taz, I think you might be missing the point. The difference between criticism and blind ignorance is huge. criticism is "Thanks for your contribution, I personally don't care for the way XYZ looks but I'm a huge fan of your other work." Ignorance is "Your helmet is hateful and offensive, REMOVE IT AT ONCE!". Do you see a difference? I'm guessing he pulled his work down because of ungrateful people such as yourself that only pipe up if they don't like someones contribution (at great personal time expense with no profit expected) to the community. So please, take your Ignorant, lame ass, insulting trolling someplace else.. And again, I suggest you quite while you're behind on this one, but this is only a suggestion.
I did volunteer work for these comfort women during WW2. Some of them are reaching 100 years old now. Still waiting for apology. They were publicly insulted by Japanese right wing groups flying these flags that they volunteered to be comfort women because they liked it and they are just protesting to be compensated. To them, this flag is offensive. And to me who spent time with them and listened to the horrors they had to suffer at 15 years old, it is offensive.

Perhaps not as offensive as a forum post.

This to me, is ignorance. By the way, I'm not ahead or behind since I just don't have anything to lose.

This is just nonsense, you see a symbol and it reminds you of a bad time of your life, this symbol needs to be removed now!
Come on, so lets say you make a helmet with the USA flag on it, do you really think guys from Japan are going to appear here and say: Hey, remove it now! This flag reminds me of the atomic bomb!

Wheres the freedom? Its really nonsense to me. If people stay in that way we are going to live in caves because everything around the world has something that makes you feel bad.

Now you guys have to excuse me, im going to rFactor 2 forum to ask them to remove the McLaren Ayrton Senna raced for because it remembers me of that time and i miss him.

@taz
The real problem my friend, is not the symbols or the skins or the boundaries, the real problem is the small minded people like you.
So please next time you be offended from a symbol, try to think where are you, this is a racing game forum not a human rights forum.
We come here to enjoy playing and not think about wars!!!! ML2166 and the other moders help us to increase the joy. You dont!!!

ML2166 its not fair for one person, the rest of us not to have the pleasure to upgrade our gaming with your mods. Thanks anyway.

Sorry if someone feels offended with my post.

I did volunteer work for these comfort women during WW2. Some of them are reaching 100 years old now. Still waiting for apology. They were publicly insulted by Japanese right wing groups flying these flags that they volunteered to be comfort women because they liked it and they are just protesting to be compensated. To them, this flag is offensive. And to me who spent time with them and listened to the horrors they had to suffer at 15 years old, it is offensive.

Perhaps not as offensive as a forum post.

This to me, is ignorance. By the way, I'm not ahead or behind since I just don't have anything to lose.

Well then lets just re-write history because it offends some people... This is crazy, you see something that offends you and it needs to be removed? Roberto said it best, just because something reminds someone of something bad it must be censored? I just don't see it.

Last warning in this thread. Please re-read the post Bram made, and go on with the games please :)

This is going way offtopic. If you all want to debate on things like this, go to another forum, but do not use RD for this please.
If this continues, I see no other option then to lock the thread. Don't want to do that, so please stop the offtopic, and go back to racing and helmet creations :)

Taz, I think you might be missing the point. The difference between criticism and blind ignorance is huge. criticism is "Thanks for your contribution, I personally don't care for the way XYZ looks but I'm a huge fan of your other work." Ignorance is "Your helmet is hateful and offensive, REMOVE IT AT ONCE!". Do you see a difference?
Have you read his first post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years