Justin Wilson Airlifted to Hospital

Unfortunately tonight Justin Wilson has been involved in a serious accident at Indycar's Pocono Raceway.

Sage Karam had an accident and went into the wall causing debris to fly everywhere and it's believe apart of the nosecose has hit Justin on the head before going straight into a wall (assumably knocked out)

He has been airlifted from the track & hopefully there is no serious damage and he makes a full recovery.

That was a very nasty looking wreck. Paul Tracy was saying those nosecones are pretty heavy. The one replay looked like it hit him on his head. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

That was a very nasty looking wreck. Paul Tracy was saying those nosecones are pretty heavy. The one replay looked like it hit him on his head. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
I heard that as well. And I guess he was going with more than 300kph. Absolutely terrible.

We have no update since the accident. Things are not good at all. I hope he gets well soon (because I don't believe he is now)

Back when the DW12 was under development, they struggled with massive understeering, one of the things they did, was to put 12kg more lead in the nose of the car, so it is quite heavy indeed.

But as I wrote on another forum.

This is (sadly?) one of the reasons I really like watching IndyCar though, not for crashes, not for injuries or even worse. But the fact that they race as fast as they do. As close as they do, with as little contact as they do (on ovals). The moves they pull off, the risk they take. How they do everything, while they know, they are close to the wall, they are not far from a catchfence, parts from other cars etc. It is a form of extreme sports, it can be breathtaking, and it can leave you gasping for air. But one thing is for sure, 8 wide, without contact, outside moves at over 200mph, small corrections, drafting etc. It is some of the most exciting you can watch today, the millimeter-game that IndyCar is!

Update: Justin Wilson is in a coma and is listed in critical condition. He's currently undergoing evaluation as of 8 P.M. PDT here in the U.S.
On another note ; Tony Stewart has loaned his personal aircraft to Wilson's family to help them get to the area. A very generous move ; a side of "Smoke" we don't normally see.

Thoughts are with Justin Wilson and his family, hope he pulls through this and makes a speedy 100% recovery.
Hitting the piece of debris was bad enough, but that was a very very heavy impact with the wall.
This will open up the closed cockpit debate once more, but not here, I mean in reality.....:whistling:

Local lad to where I live (couple of miles) and his dads petrol station is literally just up the road...

Always been a fan, and he's a decent bloke too.. wishing a speedy and full recovery. Fingers crossed for him, a tragic accident.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back