1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Just saw advert on telly for build your own mclaren magazine

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by James Robertson, Mar 24, 2011.

1. James Robertson

James Robertson
    Premium Member

http://www.model-space.co.uk/motors/mclaren/

I usually hate these type of magazines with a passion...............but i just might

Edit: on second thoughts its £7.99 an issue and there are 85 issues, 4 issues a month, i dont think so

2. I saw this on TV earlier, im pretty sure it was only £1.99, £7.99 would be daylight robbery (thats more than your average mobile phone contract!), i would want a real f1 car for that price! :D

I usually never bother with mags like that either, but for some reason, same as you said, there was something tempting about it...

3. 1:8 is a very large, for a model, would be nice. Ragnarok it's £7.99 after the second issue.

4. Mmm thats a bit too big really, most people would struggle to find somewhere to put it in their homes and £7.99 is a bit extortionate for a daft magazine...

5. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

£670 overall. Bit much if you ask me

6. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Holy cow thats $922 Canadian!

7. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

Thats nearly 2 years worth! These deagostini things you always see them for the first few issues in the newsagents, but i wonder how many of them they make it to the end?

8. Yeah but if you try and purchas a decent 1:8 scale F1 model your probably looking at about £3000 so its actually pretty cheap!!!

try it search Google shopping or something

9. Thats because they only sell to the people who subscribe no-one is going to be interested in buying issue 30 if they haven't got all the others.