F1 2012 Just how good are you exactly?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi everyone,

I making my way through a season and the AI strength varies quite a bit on legend.

I am trying to find out which tracks to play pro and which legend.

If you had to make two groups of strong ai and weak how would they look?

Legend difficulty looked promising when we first got the game but now all I ever hear when i am testing setups is 'You are 4 seconds a lap faster than Alonso'. Yes they suck that much.
I agree, but for you, Victor and Kristian it is not fair race if you don't start from last, drunk, against Legend AI. I follow your TNC races and you all are really great drivers.:thumbsup:

• Deleted member 137812

We should be glad we are not on the same level as these guys. Makes our experience with offline racing a bit better.

I also dont understand why they are faster? Take better lines and more consistent?
I remember driving in Suzuka (im not good there) where Mike was an absolute beast.

I'd say they are faster because they know the exact right moment to brake, turn in and apply the throttle without running wide, locking up or spinning the wheels. Us normal people don't get it as right as often as they do.

I do agree with your point Demy, at least we get a bit of a challenge out of the AI. Did a career race last night at Hockenheim in the Williams which is a good example of the fun I do have offline. Started dead last after 2 silly penalties in practice. Decided to go pretty aggressive at the start compared to normal and in addition to the AI being woeful at the start in 5 laps I was 4th. Slowly chipping away at those ahead. Got ahead of Alonso and Vettel by the pit stop (I play 50% distance due to some time constraints) thanks to a couple of very quick laps, and was 6 seconds behind Hamilton with about 15 laps to go.

Had to switch to lean fuel mix for the rest of the race to get the car to the end and then drive the nuts off the car to catch and then pass Hamilton. I'd worn my tyres out in the process so had to do a defensive job for the last 6-7 laps to win. Probably my best win in all honesty despite the occasional mistake.

• Deleted member 137812

It also depends on the car you use.
i can easily win with everything to lotus, when i try with williams or lower im struggling with wins.

People that still win easily with caterham should try HRT :)

• Deleted member 137812

I finally found some time to make this video for you. Here you are:
With a Mclaren i have to agree, the AI is very slow.
Just get yourself a car which matches the top drivers pace, so it keeps your championship alive. Some people might need a HRT though

The video means nothing to me. As already stated elsewhere, career mode with full damage on and realistic damage mod is where it's at. All other modes are not realistic. I prefer realism more than beating lap records in arcade racing competitions using quick race modes.

Have a nice day. Oh and merry christmas. ;)
fantasy_120-1.gif

f12012visorpackpreview0.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 325 27.8%