1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Just got the game... having major problems

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by captcrash, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Hi All, I have had all 4 versions od CMs F1 series. I am hugely disappointed that they have reverted to the 2011 handling model. I NEVER got used to that in 100 races in 2011 and I see its back. Is there anything at all I can do to stop the car veering massively in the direction that I very slightly point the wheel? I have 50% saturation and 10% deadzone anything less and the car will only go hard left or hard right.

I am currently using the SRW S1 wheel but I have a Ferrari GT Experience that I am considering getting back out of the loft.

2. Try lowering the saturation, that makes it more sensitive. Also try a low linearity aswell. I don't have your wheel, but i use 5% on both

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. I use a G25, but here are some settings that are crucial for me...

On PC settings: set wheel to 330 degrees rotation

In Game settings: set saturation and linearity to 0. Using any value messes things up for me.
    make sure override input device is set to: steering wheel

use an FFB mod. Those from 2012 still works for 2013. I use a custom mod that suits my personal preference

hope you find settings that works for you. good luck:)

4. Thanks guys I'll try those things, I find lower saturation makes it harder but I'll try it in conjunction with the linearity and what happens.

5. Thanks guys that is much better. Seems to be somewhere between the 2011 and 2012 handling models this year.

6. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I see @aagancia has already mention it, but I think think this is the crucial setting, the override input device.

Otherwise you get a kind of steering 'aid' designed for game controllers, which don't have the fidelity of a steering wheel

[​IMG]

• Beer Beer x 1