1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Just got the game... having major problems

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by captcrash, Jan 9, 2014.

1. captcrash

captcrash

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All, I have had all 4 versions od CMs F1 series. I am hugely disappointed that they have reverted to the 2011 handling model. I NEVER got used to that in 100 races in 2011 and I see its back. Is there anything at all I can do to stop the car veering massively in the direction that I very slightly point the wheel? I have 50% saturation and 10% deadzone anything less and the car will only go hard left or hard right.

I am currently using the SRW S1 wheel but I have a Ferrari GT Experience that I am considering getting back out of the loft.

2. Jonathan Rowland

Jonathan Rowland

Ratings:
    +240
    Try lowering the saturation, that makes it more sensitive. Also try a low linearity aswell. I don't have your wheel, but i use 5% on both

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. aagancia

aagancia

Ratings:
    +787
    I use a G25, but here are some settings that are crucial for me...

On PC settings: set wheel to 330 degrees rotation

In Game settings: set saturation and linearity to 0. Using any value messes things up for me.
    make sure override input device is set to: steering wheel

use an FFB mod. Those from 2012 still works for 2013. I use a custom mod that suits my personal preference

hope you find settings that works for you. good luck:)

4. captcrash

captcrash

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks guys I'll try those things, I find lower saturation makes it harder but I'll try it in conjunction with the linearity and what happens.

5. captcrash

captcrash

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks guys that is much better. Seems to be somewhere between the 2011 and 2012 handling models this year.

6. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,123
    I see @aagancia has already mention it, but I think think this is the crucial setting, the override input device.

Otherwise you get a kind of steering 'aid' designed for game controllers, which don't have the fidelity of a steering wheel

[​IMG]

• Beer Beer x 1