Just got rFactor - what a letdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um what it says really, ive bought a legit copy, but even so its just so unstable, it crashes a lot (im running xp 32bit and ive updated all my drivers, and rolled back to no avail) and it suffers from one major problem, after (i think) a certain amount of time all the textures just reduce in quality and i have to quit and restart the game to get them normal again, until they suddenly reduce again. Here's a copy of the reduced quality textures, the proper ones should look much better. Any ideas on how to fix this? the shader setting is set to DX9.

Attachments

• GRAB_000.jpg
    GRAB_000.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 370
This line in the PLR file clearly describe your symptoms:
"Auto Detail Framerate="0" // Details and visible vehicles will be automatically reduced (by up to half) if framerate is under this threshold (0 to disable)"

So if your frame rate dropped below the value set there then all the details will be reduced.

I'd say its your card. I have AMD 64 3700 still but i run a 8800gt and i get over 100fps all the time in dx9. Also 2GB of ram. As posted above it also sounds like you have auto detail on. Upgrade that card is what it needs :)

Reducing graphics may not help, its more likely your card is running out of memory when loading up all the textures. If you press CTRL and F in game it will bring up FPS counter, do it again and a bar should appear in top left corner, if its in yellow/red its because your card simply doesn't have enough ram on it to cope with the texture sizes used.

• Jacek Kozlowski

Just installed rfactor again,its my second approche.First time had some problems with it and didnt really like it compared to race07.
But this time everything seems to work good with res.1920-1080 and all maxed...
One thing im strugling with is my wheel,i just cant set it up corectly.
Im trying to use REEL FEEL,but its long way finding good setinngs for each mod.So far best results have with PCC2007.Found some help on RSC.
For now i have Luppo mod,PCC2007,f3Japan,NAGT and trying to set RF for those.
Need some more practise and ill be ready for my first rfactor event on RD!:)

Just installed rfactor again,its my second approche.First time had some problems with it and didnt really like it compared to race07.
But this time everything seems to work good with res.1920-1080 and all maxed...
One thing im strugling with is my wheel,i just cant set it up corectly.
Im trying to use REEL FEEL,but its long way finding good setinngs for each mod.So far best results have with PCC2007.Found some help on RSC.
For now i have Luppo mod,PCC2007,f3Japan,NAGT and trying to set RF for those.
Need some more practise and ill be ready for my first rfactor event on RD!:)
Yes ,would be nice to see you join :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back