Just got a TX. Pedals/Rim suggestions?

So I found a mint condition 458 italia Tx wheel on Craigslist for 200 buck. I thought that was a pretty good deal so I jumped on it. My current wheel is a g27. My first impressions are WOW.. the ffb is so much nicer than the g27. But the pedals!!! Lord these are terrible. Now i was planning on selling the g27 and using that money do get a new rim and t3pa pedals. Now im considering getting the 20$ adapter and keeping the G27 pedals. What do you guys think. It works out cheaper if I keep the pedals and just replace the italia rim ( which is to plastic for my taste). My question is Is it worth it to spend extra on pedals or are the g27 pedals as good as the standard t3pa pedals. Also what do you guys think of the gte rim upgrade. If not what other rim upgrades are worth it? Thanks in advance

I've never used t3pa pedals but my last wheel was a g27. From what I understand, the t3pa are in direct competition with the g27 pedals. If that's the case, the v2's are MILES better. The v2's have load cell braking. So far for me load cell braking is way more consistent and feels the realest. And the build quality of the pedals are Miles better than the g27. My buddy sold me the for cheap otherwise I would have went with the t3pa pros

Upvote 0
Cool... If I can get at a reasonable price would you recommend over t3pa pedals?

I've never tried Fanatec pedals, although they do look fantastic and a much better build than the Thrustmaster T3PA Pro set.

The difference i have from the standard TX pedals to the T3PA Pro's is massive though, i can now run with no ABS and rarely lock up.

The only thing stopping me from getting Fanatec is the price, the new V3's look astonishingly good.

Upvote 0
Been using Fanatec, G27 and currently T3PA pedals.

Quality: ClubSport > T3PA & T3PA Pro > G27
Reliability: T3PA & T3PA Pro > G27 > ClubSport
Immersion: ClubSport > T3PA > G27

Choose your poison... :)

P.S.: The T3PA and T3PA Pro are basically the same, the Pro just has some more metal and the option for inverting. Functionality, resolution, pedal travel are all the same.

P.S.2.: The T3PA can not be mentioned on the same page as the G27 pedals. 4 times the resolution, better pedal resistance out of the box, conical brake mod is an included option (gives a loadcell like feel and travel), contactless sensors that are more precise and lasting, and the list goes on. The only thing that I liked better in the G27 pedals is the looks. :)

P.S.3.: With ClubSports be prepared with a few spare loadcells and those pedal/sensor stifts, cause they wear out regularly and at the worst moments. Electronics also tend to go south. I have one that could produce all the above and is now an expensive decorational item in my room as I got fed up with fixing it all the time.

Upvote 0
http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/ferrari-f1-wheel-add

Mine arrived 2 days ago. Couldn't be happier. It's very sturdy, feels much more 'direct' and solid than the default. It also forces your hands into the proper driving positions, but still comfortable at the same time.

Oh for sure, the added buttons are also a massive help.

One flaw i can pick with this wheel is that the paddle shifters need to have more resistance, they're far too spongey and easy to push on mine.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm.... Am following some v2's on eBay. Thinking of maybe changing but not so sure now due to reliability
Spare parts are available and easy to replace, but the postage costs from Fanatec can be higher than the parts themselves.

They still give a fantastic feeling, just have to be aware that there are some weak spots that fail without a warning, not like a gradual decrement.

On a personal note, I enjoy the T3PA more than the ClubSports, but that's just me. The v3 however is a major improvement over v1/v2, based on reviews on the reliability side as well. ;)

Upvote 0
Spare parts are available and easy to replace, but the postage costs from Fanatec can be higher than the parts themselves.

They still give a fantastic feeling, just have to be aware that there are some weak spots that fail without a warning, not like a gradual decrement.

On a personal note, I enjoy the T3PA more than the ClubSports, but that's just me. The v3 however is a major improvement over v1/v2, based on reviews on the reliability side as well. ;)
Very similar to my Clubsport v1 experience. Good pedals, definitely, but not the easiest to live with. I also just ended up with the Clubsports in their box and choosing Thrustmaster pedals for ease of use, comfort and compatibility.

Upvote 0
Backups are always a good idea, I have a complete G25 and a G27 set spared in case the T300 Ferrari Integral has an issue. Plus a set of ClubSport pedals for decoration. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back