Just Fast Tracked to a B license in ovals

I started this week at C2.6 after a bad run in the late models at Concord. It's just past halfway through this week and I've raced 410 laps in Trucks (at Homestead - Miami), SK Modified (at Concord) and a boring Street Stock at (Stafford). Whilst still being competitive (top 5 in each of these races, I've only had 7x in those 410 laps.

Hit an SR above 4.0 (4.46) after a the Homestead race last night for the first time since I've started I racing. Now at B3.46. I need to race 4 B class races (or TT's which I'd rather not run) over the next 3 days to make the MPR (both CoT and Impala 09 are at Daytona unil Monday). If I can combine that with 3 more clean Homestead truck races should hopefully break B4.0 and fast track to A before the weekend's out.

I won't race any more SK this week as I've run my two races for the week (i'm currently 2nd in division 8 just under 100 points behind the leader , and closing, and over 100 more than 3rd and stretching. This is 65th in the whole SK mod series)

If anyone wants the setup that I'm running at Homestead I'll post it up it starts to push at around 20 laps into a stint but is good for consistent laps around 33s and I hit a 32.6xx last night in the draft (I've also hit a 32.7xx with no draft). Qualification is essential you need to run in the top 10 to avoid incident's. Not that there are none in the top 10 but in the 3 races I've run 2 have been 0 inc races and the 5x was when someone didn't back off into the turn and wrecked me on lap 75 of 90 giving me 2.5 mins of necessary repairs which left the car still undriveable and 13.5 mins of "optional" repairs which hadn't finshed by the time the race had.

After 45 laps FR was 76% RR was 78% and lefts were both 95% on the set. Now just to get it less squirrelly on the unbacked restarts on the Homestead front straight.

Congrats Willie. I found it pretty hard to fasttrack through the ovals. It took me a whole load of Truck races at Charlotte to finally get from B to A. There's always a couple of incidents that can potentially ruin your race. But one you have a license, it's pretty hard to lose it, if you keep your eyes open and your mind set on finishing the race.

Thats awesome!!! I am trying to get my oval rating up now for the future Indy Oval racing. Just grabbed the Late Model and like it a lot more then the street stock and legand thats for sure! I am still D rated in ovals though so I have a way to go.

Good job!!!

I am out of Rookie in Oval, never thought I would to be frank. D licence with the Late model at South Boston will just get me back to Rookie. Will wait for longer tracks hehe. Nice 1 Willie. I tell ya m8, Oval racing is becoming an addiction.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%