1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Just did a Mensa short-test

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hampus Andersson, Apr 24, 2012.

1. I read about 50% of Mensa members was unemployed and went to read more about that but eventually stumbled on to Mensa´s swedish homepage and noticed you could do a short test to see where about you are.

You can try it yourself here, it´s pretty easy i have to say,
    http://www.mensa.se/provtest

Just click on the "Till Testet!" below. You don´t need to know swedish either.
    You get 10 minutes to answer 24 "questions".

To my surprise i got IQ 126 or more according to the test.

I thought it was relatively easy so i´m wondering if someone could do it here and get the same results.
    http://www.mensa.se/HTML/testD/result.html?result=15

I´m a bit skeptic as i think the chance of making mistakes is bigger with even more questions.

Real MENSA test is 45 questions in 20 minutes.

2. I got 126 as well! Must have got the same number right i suppose lol.

When I was a kid, I had to do some of these tests and I used to get in a similar range, however I think my brain has rotted a touch since then so this figure is probably a bit inflated for me :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seems like a very easy test then :)

Not saying you are not that smart but it seems that because we both got 126, or more that it´s a relatively straight forward test.

Bummer, i was smart for a day :p

4. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

I also ende up on 126 or more. It was very repetetive once you understood how it was buildt, I guess the real Mensa-test is a bit more diverse and thus a bit more difficult :)

5. Yea it has to be, otherwise we are three newly discovered geniuses :p

I will probably apply for a test just to see where i´m at :)

6. Hey I have no doubt that whilst the test isnt perfectly accurate we all are reasonably smart! We can all read and write after all :p

7. What do you excactly need to do?

8. Answer the questions :)

It´s all about logics and patterns. Your job is to find out which object is missing from the equation.

9. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

mine is 122 :laugh:

10. To bad :) You could have joined our super-exclusive club in which me, Josh and Roy have created with our brilliant minds :p

11. Remember that tv test we took some years ago? ;)
    I got the same result as i got back then ;) 122

12. I emailed Mensa and he said that what you get in that test is largely what you will get in a proper Mensa test.
    plus or minus a few IQ i guess.

Will definitely do the real test now :)

13. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

New low for RD. 119 :)

14. Dude remember 100 is average. So anything above that is above average :)

15. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I know :) I was actually surprised ;P

16. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

Funny because "mensa" is slang word for "silly woman" in México :D

• Like Like x 3
  17. I got 126 after understanding what I needed to do :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. And in Sweden it´s also a thing regarding women. I won´t way what it is but it contains blood. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mmm, I got 119 as well. A bit below what I expected, but question 7 didn't end up loading for me, so I guess I missed out on some extra scoring.

Still, I'm above average, so I shouldn't be so unhappy about it. :)

20. I remember having done something similar a while back... I got 125 or so while listening to Avenged Sevenfold :D