Just a heads up about the GT3 DLC Mercedes Paint problems/w v1109

Paco572

The George Stanley Band
There's an issue with v1109 so your skin will look silver and won't look like it should. V1108 will look fine. You can do this in the mean time until s397 fixes the issue. "Invert" your alpha channel, meaning do a negative on it make it dark or even totally black. This will allow your car to be seen as it should or I mean as you painted it, with the exception of the shinny buffed coating appearance which I'm told is a shader forced on the car from a locked mas file. I'm told s397 is considering releasing a template that will not use the shader, but his makes no sense as the shader that causes this glossy effect comes from a locked mas file, so I'm told, I could be wrong, I searched the .PSD template file and could not find the shader mentioned. Doesn't matter anyway, they'll make it so we won't have this issue anymore and we can paint the car as we see fit without the shader "effect".

Hope this helps.
Cheers :)

There's an issue with v1109 so your skin will look silver and won't look like it should. V1108 will look fine. You can do this in the mean time until s397 fixes the issue. "Invert" your alpha channel, meaning do a negative on it make it dark or even totally black. This will allow your car to be seen as it should or I mean as you painted it, with the exception of the shinny buffed coating appearance which I'm told is a shader forced on the car from a locked mas file. I'm told s397 is considering releasing a template that will not use the shader, but his makes no sense as the shader that causes this glossy effect comes from a locked mas file, so I'm told, I could be wrong, I searched the .PSD template file and could not find the shader mentioned. Doesn't matter anyway, they'll make it so we won't have this issue anymore and we can paint the car as we see fit without the shader "effect".

Hope this helps.

AFAIK the shader is intentionally like that to create a chrome look of the paint. The car was updated just few hours ago with a new variant.

Ya the shader was intentional to create that chrome, I didn't care for it that much but glad to hear there was an update, thanks.
EDIT, here are the details of the update.

GT3 Update:
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.17
  • Added second livery for painters that want a non-chrome finish.
  • Fixed steering wheel LOD in showroom.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back