Resource icon

Apps Joycam 0.3.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

Joycam - Controller input for AC's free cameras

Read more about this resource...
20171203171738_1-jpg.225041
Hello i need some help. I did all the steps but im not able to find 'stereo_joycam' on the app pane so im not able to activate it, any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi,

I have been looking for a long time to put "Dof Factor and Dof Focus" in several axes, control or steering wheel to record with your APP.

I would be very grateful if you could implement that option, if it were necessary I could pay you, I need it.

Thank you!
I don't see any python commands to change those unfortunately, at least in official documentation. If you know of a way to do it I can try that.

Being an r/c helicopter pilot it would be awesome if there was a throttle/rpm hold mode so the vertical movement could be set to l_thumb_y with an option for floating mode where the stick recentering does not effect the direction speed from the corisponding stick input. eg. if pitching forward (r_thumb_y) the required vertical movement to obtaine a constant altitude could be set by pressing up or down along the l_thumb axis similar to manual throttel control on an R/C flight transmitter. But then also having the option to have a set trottle (vertical movement) control for modding your game pad to enable the abilty to leave the l_thumb_y in a set position along it's axis excactly like an R/C flight transmitter. maybe far fetched but what about also having a govener mode and switch the l_thumb_y to vertiacal movement with the abilty to give a constant vertical movemaent upon pitch forward... or something. Then it may aswell include R/C flight transmitter dongle support similar to that of an R/C flight simulator. Then next level would be to add a model or real life aircraft into your replays? What about being able to set/record a flight path and then double over with zoom and look controls? Surely this is possible with a certain amount of 3rd party intergrated mod code magic? Right? Maybe I'm dreaming but I would looove that and I'm certain alot of people would also love that who fly aircraft real or R/C model.

jhjuht

I'm aware that this app is likely not being updated anymore, but I do have one thing that I wish this app had. I wish there was an option to lock the camera's movements to the global axis. It can be really hard to follow a car along a flat level while holding a downward/upward angle, unless you're moving while feathering the up/down controls. Is there a way to add an option to lock it so moving forward and back runs you forward and back along the horizon line, rather than relative to the camera? This would also stop the camera from rolling on its own due to general motion and turning.
It would be ideal as just a little checkbox in the Content manager, but is there anyone who would know how to change the code to make this an option? even if its just done by changing text in the python file.
Thanks for any reading or responses!

The issue is the camera control functions provided by AC just don't have that option. The app implements all the controls that exist, there's no absolute motion in the xz plane, only forward/back/left/right relative to where it's looking.

Custom Shader Patch might be able to improve it, I haven't kept up with what it changes in python.

Last edited:
The issue is the camera control functions provided by AC just don't have that option. The app implements all the controls that exist, there's no absolute motion in the xz plane, only forward/back/left/right relative to where it's looking. Custom Shader Patch might be able to improve it, I haven't kept up with what it changes in python.

Ah that sucks, it'd be so useful if it were possible haha. Hope it can be possible in the future, but don't get me wrong, I'm still loving the joycam.

I know this a long time out of your mind and probably isn't something you're regularly interested in maintaining. However I do have a suggestion for improvement.

Can we figure out a way to link "lateral movement" with roll? In true acro(bat) drone flight, lateral movement comes with roll. As roll increases lateral movement in that direction Increases. In the same way when you pitch forward or backwards it causes movement along that axis. If you made those changes the y axis could be altitude (vertical change in position) and it would then be feasible to use the triggers or shoulders to adjust speeds. It'd be an interesting adjustment to an already wonderful mapping of the freecam you've made.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%