Joux Plane available for AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Austin Ogonoski you are trying to justify illegal content but there is simply no justification for it. Its taken from another game the "modder" had no right to and there it ends.

This is not the first time this track appears in a sim and until recently after undusting my old RBR copy I also didn't know it was from RBR just like many have no clue where it comes from and are now praising a "modder" again that did a "fantastic job".

Its a poor job and a poor example of how things should be done. The same old story again as always and its just making me sick.

Secondly that locked thread should have been removed entirely as the link is still in place in the video, but seems Kunos is now barking but doesn't want to bite which is even a more poor example imo.

Have some guts and make a statement and don't be afraid to upset your customers. If customers get upset by crap like this they shouldn't be your customers in the first place.

Only sim racers would find a way to complain that a much loved track from one of the greatest sims of all time was converted into what has become the gold standard of racing sims today. Oh no. The horror.

There are simply not enough talented mod teams to remake every single track, fictional and real, just for Assetto Corsa. Remember some of the earliest high quality rFactor mods? Conversions. But you know what, they were damn good conversions, just like this one is. GP79? Originally made for Grand Prix 4. Oh snap.

I downloaded it. I had a chuckle at the comment in the readme. Then I played it. And it's awesome. The end. You're missing out if you choose not to download it or have your jimmies rustled because a track that was made over ten years ago and still holds up graphically today got put into AC.

If you think your $5.00 spent on RBR via Amazon is actually going to the devs... Just lol. I hope all 36 original stages from RBR get put into AC once the loose surface model is finished. Why? Cause rally racing is awesome.

AC is just too freaking good to start being autistic about what gets released for it. Man, the moment I saw Trento Bondone on the track list, my first thought was "I freaking hope someone converts Joux Plane because that track was awesome." And someone did, and I am happy, because it's awesome.
Yeah it's all about me, me give it to me for free, pls ASAP. I don't care if someone creates a track from scratch for 1-2 years, only to see a cheap conversion popping up before release.
There is a reason why many talented modder stopped all together and moved on.

I'll just repeat what I've already said, I cannot believe there are this many people upset that a legendary fictional hillclimb track from a game considered abandonware was converted into AC. It looks good, it plays well (apart from timing hiccups that are no doubt the result of Kunos not yet releasing the mod tools), and it fits naturally into the relatively small track selection.

This is the beauty of PC gaming.

Legality aside (there are lots of things that are illegal that common sense says shouldn't be) do you think the guys that made that track for RBR would rather it stay in an old, dead game never to be appreciated again or see it get reborn and enjoyed in another game? I could understand the outrage is somebody ripped a track out of iracing or R3E and put it in AC, but a track from a game that has been dead for years?

So when somebody rips a Porsche model from Forza it is wrong; but when they scratch make a Porsche it it okay even though they don't have permission from Porsche?

In this case the only mods that should be allowed on this site are completely fictional mods...and I don't mean make it look like a Porsche but name it something stupid. Pretty much every paint job should also be taken down because most of them have at least one form of copyright infringement.

So ripping this track from RBR is bad but if somebody scratch made this same track then it is okay?

So when somebody rips a Porsche model from Forza it is wrong; but when they scratch make a Porsche it it okay even though they don't have permission from Porsche?

In this case the only mods that should be allowed on this site are completely fictional mods...and I don't mean make it look like a Porsche but name it something stupid. Pretty much every paint job should also be taken down because most of them have at least one form of copyright infringement.

So ripping this track from RBR is bad but if somebody scratch made this same track then it is okay?

As I've said before, this is PC gaming. Mods like this are expected and only a fool would believe things weren't going to be ripped for AC. The very least they could do is include a disc-check feature during the install process on some of the higher profile titles. I'd have no problem shelling out $20 to Codemasters for the original DiRT, just to drive a Pikes Peak conversion & a few Hill Climb cars in AC. Why? Because AC is THAT good.

The paint job comment is spot on though. In iRacing's terms of service, as well as Trading Paints's terms of service, it's against the rules to run a paint scheme featuring logos you don't own the rights to. Virtually 90% of the users on iRacing should have been perma-banned by now due to this rule alone.

You are also trying to justify something that can't be justified. When its not yours you don't take it, simple.

Going by that quote and the fact that you said this makes you sick I think you need to clean house in the download part of the forum....Any skin that uses a copyrighted logo without permission needs to be removed. Any car model that is being worked on that resembles a real world, copyrighted car needs to be removed.

Was just wondering looking at the youtube video and this thread is there any possibility of Kunos allowing modders to convert tracks from NetKar Pro to use in Assetto Corsa. I've never actually played NKP but I'd love if there was a DLC from Kunos of licensed modders work sanctioned by Kunos from NKP if some of the tracks were any good.

Race cars are set up a bit too firm for this track, but road cars are an absolute blast. It gives a new life to the Elise SC, she really is "at home" on this twisty track.

Also I have trouble understanding the whole controversy on ported content. RBR is almost 10 years old and both its developer and its editor companys don't exist anymore. Aside from isolated ultra small communities, the game is literally dead.

If we cannot enjoy this beautifully ported stage because of "copyrights", then any amateur mod representing any real life attribute should also be banned, because copying Ferrari's logo and putting on a model that resembles a Ferrari is also copyright infringement, yet no one seem to bother...

Was just wondering looking at the youtube video and this thread is there any possibility of Kunos allowing modders to convert tracks from NetKar Pro to use in Assetto Corsa. I've never actually played NKP but I'd love if there was a DLC from Kunos of licensed modders work sanctioned by Kunos from NKP if some of the tracks were any good.

the person who released this has got them working in ac but don't see him ever releasing it and nor kunos approving it

the person who released this has got them working in ac but don't see him ever releasing it and nor kunos approving it
Thanks for the reply & info. Its kind of a shame on a couple of levels. Firstly we can't play these tracks legally nor race in MP with each other. I think it may add a broader feel to AC with NKP's tracks updated with the new graphics engine

Secondly I think it would be cool to have a DLC pack, paying KS a few euro to play them. Honestly I don't see Kunos selling many copies of Netkar Pro at this stage, not with AC out and other sims being far more popular these days. Could be a nice top-up payment to Kunos if these were available. Oh well, live and dream.

As people continue to try justify illegal content I am going to lock this thread as RD is not the place for such 'mods' neither for such discussions.

If some of guys really can't understand that taking stuff that isn't yours is wrong than this really isn't your community.

3562727_o.gif

@Bram Hengeveld I tried to start this conversation privately but for some reason we can't use that feature of the forums with you so I will post this here:

I can understand locking the thread because you feel ripping a track is stealing; and technically it is. I would really like to understand how you think it is okay for car models to be posted in the mod section when by breaking copyrights they are stealing from the manufacturers. And why skins are allowed when they are using copyrighted logos illegally. If one thing is illegal and not allowed than none of it should be. You say shame on Kunos for not taking a stand and deleting thread but then you are doing the exact same thing.

Since you are banning people that don't agree with you I guess that I am next but these double standards are ridiculous. Illegal is illegal, whether it is ripping a track or copyright infringement.

edit: Bram banned nobody and I am a moron...

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about? Speaking of false rumors, djeez, Who did I ban this time??

The thread should have been locked at the first moment it was posted. It was not removed because there are no links or videos to this mod while at the kunos post the opening video with the links are still clearly visible.

Our standpoint has always been to seek for permission when making mods. All originally created content is more then welcome to be posted and if for some case a mod slips under our radar users can and must use the "report" button to make us aware.

Furthermore we always respond within the same day to notice and takedown requests.

Nice of you to question our intentions. Thats the world upside down really and can't believe you actually posted this :)

My bad, he couldn't post in the locked thread and thought he was banned and now he made me look like an ass...sorry

Still, the main point of my thread is this: Talking about a ripped track and giving a download link to illegal content is not allowed but almost every game has a mod section that is full of content that is illegal for copyright infringement. I don't understand how one is really, really bad and all the rest is okay.

The only thing I am questioning is why is ripping a track from a dead game that is hurting exactly nobody so wrong and illegal yet breaking copyright laws left and right is perfectly fine and acceptable? Not trying to start an argument but it certainly is a topic for debate and conversing on.

Last edited:
Again people can make whatever they want when its scratch build and offered for free. If there is any copyright holder having problems with this one report button pressed with an notice and takedown and its gone.Amount of reports in two years: one

Ripping other peoples work, in this case a track from entirely different game is a different story.

Funny that its always RaceDepartment and Nogripracing having to take a hit for having this normal standpoint while there are countless of underground websites out there that never get questioned while hosting only illegal crap.

Speaking of a double standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 78 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 56 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.3%
  • < 4 years