Joux Plane available for AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
yaaay indeed, the first illegal track is released. "Fantastic" indeed.

Of course all who downloaded it also have a legit copy of Richard Burns Rally where this track originally is converted from?

rFactor all over again, bah.

The track is actually quite a nice conversion, fits the AC art style very well and above all is a blast to drive. The lighting during the "gauntlet" section about 90 seconds into the run looks beautiful in AC's graphics engine.

I get that there are a large amount of Dave Noonan N2/GPL/ICR2 tracks that should never see the light of day in AC, but Joux Plane is THE track from RBR and for it to be the first add-on track for AC... well... let's just say I had a lot to do today, and now it's 4pm and I'm not even fully dressed yet.

It's well worth the download.

The track is actually quite a nice conversion, fits the AC art style very well and above all is a blast to drive. The lighting during the "gauntlet" section about 90 seconds into the run looks beautiful in AC's graphics engine.

I get that there are a large amount of Dave Noonan N2/GPL/ICR2 tracks that should never see the light of day in AC, but Joux Plane is THE track from RBR and for it to be the first add-on track for AC... well... let's just say I had a lot to do today, and now it's 4pm and I'm not even fully dressed yet.

It's well worth the download.

Doesn't change that it's not legal.

Even tough it´s a ripped track from another game it´s great fun to drive and works really well. Hope we see more content that is build from scratch for Assetto Corsa without illegal conversions. But i think it´s not so bad in this case because it´s from a game thats very, very old and no competitor to Assetto Corsa.

Edit: I have bought Richard Burns Rally years before.

Doesn't change that it's not legal.

Only sim racers would find a way to complain that a much loved track from one of the greatest sims of all time was converted into what has become the gold standard of racing sims today. Oh no. The horror.

There are simply not enough talented mod teams to remake every single track, fictional and real, just for Assetto Corsa. Remember some of the earliest high quality rFactor mods? Conversions. But you know what, they were damn good conversions, just like this one is. GP79? Originally made for Grand Prix 4. Oh snap.

I downloaded it. I had a chuckle at the comment in the readme. Then I played it. And it's awesome. The end. You're missing out if you choose not to download it or have your jimmies rustled because a track that was made over ten years ago and still holds up graphically today got put into AC.

If you think your $5.00 spent on RBR via Amazon is actually going to the devs... Just lol. I hope all 36 original stages from RBR get put into AC once the loose surface model is finished. Why? Cause rally racing is awesome.

AC is just too freaking good to start being autistic about what gets released for it. Man, the moment I saw Trento Bondone on the track list, my first thought was "I freaking hope someone converts Joux Plane because that track was awesome." And someone did, and I am happy, because it's awesome.

Of course they did, it is the stance that they have to take on their official forum. Here and elsewhere we get a bit into a grey area...Is ripping content from a "dead" game (it's almost 10 years old and there is nowhere to buy a new copy or download where the money goes to the devs) the same as ripping content from a competing product that is currently in business (iracing, Simbin, etc)?

It is not grey at all, it is just a matter of principle and respect of others work.
It hurst modding in the long run too, because what's the problem with using unauthorized material from older mods, when it is a perceived grey area to rip from an actual game. A lot of original content creators got already fed up by this mentality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back