1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Cars Jordan 191 [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Mods' started by ZEN-KO, Jul 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZEN-KO submitted a new resource:

Jordan 191 - Formula 1 1991

Read more about this resource...

2. Tyre version 3?

What did you fix?

Also was this upload authorised by the original creator?

3. burrito

burrito
    It's an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Premium Member

I'm pretty sure the original author banned any use of his content when he left the modding scene. He was pretty angry at the scene in general (specifics unknown) and removed all his content because of that.

Not really the most respectful move.

But then I'm a little biased because I know it won't be too long before we get a proper 1991 F1 car rather than a 'fixed' mod from two years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well I didn't know about that. I just edited the aero.ini file so the car now loads in the new releases of the game.
    If it is against the policy of this web site, the administrator can freely delete this mod.

5. burrito

burrito
    It's an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Premium Member

It was a long time ago but I was creating the physics for the original author.

He went AWOL and I was left with full physics and unfnished model. He returned, was very wound up about the state of the scene in his eyes and quit everything saying his content is his content and no one should edit or use it.

I guess what I'm saying is I could have done what you have done here 2 years ago but I didn't because I believed it was against his wishes.

I'm not saying delete them. I'm just informing you about what happened and why it may not be the best decision to upload them here.

• Wow Wow x 1
  6. Especially as, by the look of his website, he's making a few tentative steps back towards AC modding. Wouldn't want to open old wounds.

7. It is still his mod. I put a link to his website in the INFORMATION box of the mod. Maybe I should just have uploaded the modified aero.ini file but now is to late :D

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  8. It's never too late.

9. Fast Furman

Fast Furman
    Premium Member

Looks sweeet to me

10. I just sent an email to the author. If he is not OK with what I've done. I'll delete the upload.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I just downloaded the second update, and still don't get engine sound while in the cockpit. I hear it before I click "Drive", but as soon as it puts me in the car, the engine sound is gone.

12. Hm ... What is your AC version?

13. ZEN-KO, jordan_191.7z isn't changed.

14. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

@ZEN-KO You do not upload a mod and then ask for permission. If the original creator grants you permission then I will re-open this mod.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.