• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Joe's Garage/Paints

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Joe Hubbard, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    Ok so I couldn't sleep last night and thought I might start a skin for the truck. I have tried a few different things and just can't get it to look the way I want. So I ask for your opinions and lets see where we can take it.

Fire away and all are welcome!!!

[​IMG]

2. Eric Estes

Eric Estes

Ratings:
    +49
    [taps foot] :)

3. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    lol, sorry they had changed the IP of my server and didn't shut the old one down... It's fixed now :)

4. Dario Jagar

Dario Jagar

Ratings:
    +15
    maybe to put rear half of the truck into different base color, also base blue maybe little bit lighter, few sponsor on rear-sides?
    like it so far!

5. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    yeah the rear sides is what I'm having a problem with, I can't seem to find anything that looks right there.

6. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    Ok how about this?

[​IMG]

7. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    Here is what I've come up with. Let me have it... lol...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Dario Jagar

Dario Jagar

Ratings:
    +15
  9. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    I have one word for that track Dario... ICE.... hahaha

10. Eric Estes

Eric Estes

Ratings:
    +49
    I like what you did with the side... have you tried it with gold/yellow traded out for the silver/white?

11. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    Not yet, but that is an idea! I don't know what it is but I am still not very happy with it.

12. Eric Estes

Eric Estes

Ratings:
    +49
    Maybe take (most of) the sponsors you have in front of your front wheels, and place them in a single stack at the very back of each side.

13. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    Ok here it is as you suggested... I don't think you can get rid of the sponsors, doesn't anyone know about this? I might try it with removing the yellow/blue circle from the bull on the hood and see how that looks.

[​IMG]

14. Eric Estes

Eric Estes

Ratings:
    +49
    Ahh... didn't realize the contingency sponsors were done by iRacing. Do like it better - maybe reverse the top and bottom flames (yellow inside, gold outside) since the RB is more yellow. Could fill the blue patch at the top rear with a "Red Bull" or some other minor sponsor (RD?)

15. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    Giving photoshop a stretch

Ok so I took my new paint out for a little run and got a little sideways, cough, cough... For the camera of course!!!! I thought I would open the ol photoshop back up. Perhaps maybe you guys can expect a pictorial of tomorrows Racedepartment Mustang get together...

[​IMG]

16. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    Joe, excellent photo. I've tried screenshots and video editing, but fail miserably. That one above is crisp with detail which I cant seem to get.

17. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    It's not really a big deal once you get use to it. It becomes a big deal when you really get to editing a shot as some do on the iRacing forums. What I did above I would not consider a big deal at all really, I think once I had the shot in photoshop I might have spent about 45 seconds on it. However I have tools and software that I use for photography that take a huge chuck of time out of the process for some of the simple stuff.

18. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    Coming to a youtube near you!!!

[​IMG]

19. William Nowell

William Nowell

Ratings:
    +1
    :bang:

20. Aidan Hanlon

Aidan Hanlon

Ratings:
    +0
    Not bad, but make it different! everyone goes for the Red Bull theme!