Tracks Automobilista JNS Trackpack (34 Tracks) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dann Murillo submitted a new resource:

JNS Trackpack for AMS - 32 ovals & 2 road courses for AMS

Here is the JNS trackpack ported from RF1. Please don't beat me up in the comments as I have only updated the AMS skies for each circuit. I used the most current versions of the tracks, provided by Joe Evans, before bringing them to AMS.

If anyone would like to help update the tracks further (ie. AMS shaders) please contact me. The idea is to get 1 consistent oval pack out there so maybe we can help cut back on the server mismatching. These tracks may not be the best graphically as they are older but they have always been good for...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Thanks for putting these out there.

I just tried Watkins Glen with the Formula Classic and it's really fun.

The problem is it starts the race in the pit lane and then all the AI turn hard left into the wall to try to get onto the start finish straight racing line. Anyone know how to reposition the starting position?

Thanks for putting these out there.

I just tried Watkins Glen with the Formula Classic and it's really fun.

The problem is it starts the race in the pit lane and then all the AI turn hard left into the wall to try to get onto the start finish straight racing line. Anyone know how to reposition the starting position?
I just re-tested this track and the AI are OK on the start and throughout the race. Please try again and let me know if you have the same results.

Last edited:
Mate, can you PLEASE test it first, a little bit, THEN upload it ?
Trust me... it's not fun at all to download these two big files, unpacking them, test and then, a hour or so... there's new, almost indentical version. Please. Thank you.

Gamer- I have tested these tracks for hours. The only thing I didn't do correctly was zip the archive in the "JNS_Tracks" folder. I kept it v1.1 as it was only an archive update. Apologies for the confusion. Cheers. :)

Last edited:
Dann Murillo updated JNS Trackpack for AMS (part1) with a new update entry:

Updates and new tracks added

- All tracks generally updated
- Bristol Speedway (fixed groove)
- California Speedway (renamed)
- Homestead Speedway (HUD fixed)
- Iowa Speedway (HUD/skies fixed)
- Michigan Speedway
- Nazareth Speedway (fixed local cautions)

Tracks added:
- Gateway Intl Raceway
- I70 Speedway
- Mansfield Speedway
- Memphis Motorsports Park
- Myrtle Beach
- Nashville Superspeedway
- OReilly Raceway Park

Read the rest of this update entry...

Dann Murillo updated JNS Trackpack for AMS (part1) with a new update entry:

Night & Sky Updates

* Delete your "JNS_Tracks" folder and replace it with this update.
Many tracks have been update to be able to transition from day to night.
Tracks with working lights for night races:
Atlanta
Bristol
California
Charlotte
Chicago
Darlington
Daytona
Gateway
Homestead
I70
Iowa
Kentucky
Las Vegas
Mansfield
Memphis
Milwaukee
Myrtle Beach
Nashville
Nazareth
ORP
Phoenix
Richmond
Texas

Tracks with no working night lights (as expected)
Dover
Indianapolis
New Hampshire
Kansas...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the work and sharing. :) I wonder, do they have physical bump mesh in the tarmac so you feel the road surface in the FFB?

Well the tracks do have the ffb feeling in the road however I have not quite implemented the complete tdf updates AMS is capable of providing. I am not a modder with the skills of Patrick so I am doing the best I can with the limited AMS resources available.

For example this is what the Iowa tdf looks like and then below it is how I am testing it offline in hopes of implementing the full dynamic track in a future update.
Iowa Current:
[TRACKVARS]
RoadDryGrip1=1.00
RoadDryGrip2=1.00
RoadDryGrip3=1.00
PitDryGrip=1.00
RoadWetGrip=0.60
RoadBumpAmp=0.003
RoadBumpLen=11.0
RumbleDryGrip=0.95
RumbleWetGrip=0.60
RumbleBumpAmp=0.015
RumbleBumpLen=8.0

Iowa Updates (currently being tested):
[TRACKVARS]
RoadDryGrip=1.00
RoadDryGrip2=1.00
RoadDryGrip3=1.00
PitDryGrip=1.00
RoadWetGrip=0.80
RoadmetalGrip=0.80
RoadDustGrip=0.90
RoadBumpAmp=0.003
RoadBumpLen=11.0
RumbleDryGrip=0.95
RumbleWetGrip=0.60
RumbleBumpAmp=0.015
RumbleBumpAmpHigh=0.020
RumbleBumpLen=8.0
RumbleIlBumpAmp=0.0020
RumbleIlBumpLen=1.5
CreteBumpAmp=0.025
CreteBumpLen=0.5
MiscBumpAmp=0.08
MiscBumpLen=4.0

I tried to email you but my mail came back, rejected. here is what I wrote:

Hi,

I downloaded your tracks for AMS and I can't get a single one to load. They ALL crash the game with an error message stating that the SRPL_sky3_dome2.gmt file cannot load to memory. I commented that that line out and I then got an error that the SRPL_sky3_sun2.gmt couldn't load.

I did install both parts of the trackpack and the sky mas file you provided is setting in the JNS_Tracks folder. I looked for typos in your scn files but they seem to be fine. I'm experienced with Rfactor but not AMS and I don't want to poke around too much and really get things messed up (so far your tracks are the only thing I cannot get to work). I did delete the folder and hat files and completely reinstalled the tracks with no success. I suspect that this is something really simple but I'm stumped. Can you please help?

I am wondering if maybe you have a loose sky.mas file in your locations folder that maybe these tracks are reading. The mas that is included in this mod contains the gmt files you referenced above. I added a different sky.mas file to my gamedata\locations folder and it crashed my tracks upon loading. Sorry that is the only thing I can think of at the moment. I have tested these tracks for many hours and I am certain they work.

Last edited:
The JNS tracks work for sure. The problems usually comes down to people extracting the files incorrectly. I am updating this resource right now to use simsync so we no longer have that issue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.7%