PC1 Jim's View Two weeks in...........positive vibe in here

Well........ what a carry on lol! it's been an exciting 2 weeks here in the RD Project Cars forum. Who needs Eastenders or Coronation St when you have Race Department. So 2 weeks on and despite all the mud slinging, bitching, whining etc where are we at? It all started with a big uproar about FFB, it's ****, crap, game's boken, can't feel anything to now we have awesome ffb and graphics thanks to some members hard work. My ffb is too much now but I've invested a lot of time and read a lot of posts to try and understand what makes this game tick and I'm happy with it. Graphics have been a youtube study and I can now safely say, I get 60fps with 26 cars come rain, shine, thunderstorm whatever. Online has not been quite so giving for me but when we've managed to race (Sameclass) then it has been amazing and I mean amazing. Hopefully that will get sorted with the disconnects and the other issues. So all I can say is, people that like the game just get on and play it and to those that don't like it play something else. To me, this game is totally different to what's come before and in a better way and it will only get even better. Come on people let's all show PCars some love here :inlove:

I'm not going to lie Jim, when I first played this game I was GREATLY disappointed. Especially with all of the hype this game was getting. But then I finally got it dialed in with the FFB and graphics and I'm loving it right now. Its not as hard to drive as other sims (stock car extreme, Assetto, rfactor2), But I've been playing this a lot more than the other sims lately. It still needs some work in the physics department but it filled that gap in between Gran Turismo/Forzai-ish games to the more serious sims nicely.

Don't really chat too much in the lobbies, Jim. I have TS but I need to update it and remember how to use it. Also, I'm mostly on-line late nights when the kiddies and wife are sleeping. I am in my man cave but when using headphones I can get carried away with the loud talking. BTW, I am in the EST zone and usually around after 9pm.

Sadly, my schedule doesn't allow for participation in most of the league events here because they are usually on during the evenings GMT. That's middle of the afternoon for me here. My two young boys require the attention so racing at that time is out of the question.

Maybe I should start my own events...

Nice review Jim.I'm really enjoying the game,and as greglatty says it fills that gap.The support from the community on here has been fantastic. And believe me I've needed it,I'm slightly retarded and the help has got me through:geek:.

Don't really chat too much in the lobbies, Jim. I have TS but I need to update it and remember how to use it. Also, I'm mostly on-line late nights when the kiddies and wife are sleeping. I am in my man cave but when using headphones I can get carried away with the loud talking. BTW, I am in the EST zone and usually around after 9pm.

Sadly, my schedule doesn't allow for participation in most of the league events here because they are usually on during the evenings GMT. That's middle of the afternoon for me here. My two young boys require the attention so racing at that time is out of the question.

Maybe I should start my own events...
So 9pm would be 0200 here, but I'm sure RD will start some US club nights as they have done with other sims.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%