1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Jetspint racing

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Jebus, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Just wathched the New Zealand jetsprint series from TV. It made me wonder why isn't there any proper jetsprint sims? I'm sure it would be blast.

I know it's kinda limited market/audience, but sport itself could make thrilling sim. At least it looks grazy in TV and very cool. And boats are driven by wheel so equipment is already there. All we need is the game.

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

What is jetsprint racing? :)

3. Jetsprint

Even wikipedia site for it seems to be quite "unprofessionally" made. Maybe it really is small group's fun. MotorsTV shows NZ Jetsprint series, that's how I can see it here in Finland..

4. Couple of vids:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bram

Bram

How cool is that :inlove: See them fly, weeeeeeeeeh

• Like Like x 1
  6. After thinking this more I've come to conclusion that a game from this wouldn't be for the masses. I mean it would be hotlapping only. And learning curve could be quite steep also, I don't think I have the reflexes needed anymore. :D
    So I guess I just watch it from TV and daydream about the game. But cool sports anyways.

7. Bram

Bram

Would't this be possible in rFactor 1 or 2? We've seen some of those boat wip projects in the past in that sim :)

8. I was thinking the same. But I'm not sure if it's possible to make proper physics for water with ISI engine. That would be awesome tho.