Misc JeSuisEduard (minimalist HD UI not longer avaiable) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSR forums will always attract controversy because (no offense to other leagues here), the teams and drivers involved with FSR are on quite different level of seriousness, not least because just getting to race on the highest level in FSR requires notable financial investment. That and one or two other lost individuals is the general reason for this reputation, it has been like this for as long as I remember (which is long) and can't be changed really. Well, seems I couldn't resist. :D

FSR forums will always attract controversy because (no offense to other leagues here), the teams and drivers involved with FSR are on quite different level of seriousness, not least because just getting to race on the highest level in FSR requires notable financial investment. That and one or two other lost individuals is the general reason for this reputation, it has been like this for as long as I remember (which is long) and can't be changed really. Well, seems I couldn't resist. :D
How much serious financial investment and just because of said serious financial investment doesn't give you the right to come into RD with your head up your own arses!

How much serious financial investment and just because of said serious financial investment doesn't give you the right to come into RD with your head up your own arses!

With all due respect, FSR has a bit longer history of being RD member than you. Without knowing the details, I wouldn't generalize or use expression like that. FSR members like Eduard and David contributed more to rF2 modding community than 99.9% here. It's very likely you have raced on FSR tracks if you enjoy F1 mods on rF2.

With all due respect, FSR has a bit longer history of being RD member than you. Without knowing the details, I wouldn't generalize or use expression like that. FSR members like Eduard and David contributed more to rF2 modding community than 99.9% here. It's very likely you have raced on FSR tracks if you enjoy F1 mods on rF2.
So that makes it ok for you to come into RD like you own the place! I just go on what I read in the fsr forum why don't you have your own forum anyway and leave us mere mortals in peace.

So that makes it ok for you to come into RD like you own the place! I just go on what I read in the fsr forum why don't you have your own forum anyway and leave us mere mortals in peace.
Seriously what on earth are you talking about? You are going full out against somebody that absolutely doesn't deserve this and has contributed a lot more to sim racing than you are probably realizing.

A warning point added to your account for attacking an other member for absolutely no reason.

Breach of our simple rules:
  • Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.

Its a shame to see this conversation between two people who are both normally friendly and constructive members of RD.

What I would say to Jim who I have driven with a bit is that we have to be aware that for some of us Sim-Racing is somewhere to come and have a bit of banter and fun. For some its serious stuff. For most of us its some of one and some of the other. Maybe 80/20, maybe 50/50 maybe 20/80 depending on the night.
In the very top level its about 5% fun and 95% performance (which gives the rest of the fun). There is a different motivation. Being the best in the world at this sport, winning money. Its as serious as the real life sport in many ways.
The guys that have made it to the top have either spent a lot of time or a lot of money or both. So its a serious committment and a serious environment. It provokes passion and argument. Possibly like we would see in real life F1 if teams didnt have so many spin doctors. But then I guess we did with spygate etc. Some people have way overstepped the boundaries and had bans. Others can be very very frank with their views. Others have not yet acquired the skills to present a strong factual argument and still let the other guy (with s differing view) retain his dignity. (Diplomacy I guess, where you attack the position but not the person.)

JES is one of the good guys. He builds tracks, solves problems and did his turn as El Presidente'.

Now I re read JES statement that provoked the backlash and in not so many words I just repeated it didnt I?

I would like to think of this as a big misunderstanding between people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%