Misc JeSuisEduard (minimalist HD UI not longer avaiable) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISI is making its way towards a new UI system. I'm curious if the new system will be much more practicable for us modders who are interested in UI modding, time will tell! Anyhow because of this announcement I had a short look on UI modding again and I guess I got a bit more familiar with the old system now. One screenshot from my experiments is attached below. You see, the minimalist UI even looks great in the old rFactor1-fullscreen-spinner-background theme :D

http://abload.de/img/2014-12-18_20-52-005casc.jpg

Great mod though I have one problem, if I have done more than about 28 laps and I right click on my name to see my lap times I can only see the first 28 (I think its 28) there is no scroll button to grab hold of to scroll further down the screen, it is a bit annoying sometimes.

I don't understand. The public has to pay the price for the actions of Tim Wheatley ?
Help me understand the logic here other than anger and rebellion.

Would be nice to know a little of what happened if you want our support.

Is this stunt supposed to get us to gang up on ISI and stand behind Mallorqui? Because it's doing the exact opposite to me.

Getting the community involved in an issue that's between ISI and Mallorqui is very selfish and childish. Without knowing the details, this still makes ISI's decision more understandable.

The fact is I have been banned from ISI's forums apparently for no reason.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: 01-25-16, 10:00 AM

So I have to guess it's because I have been making constructive criticizing about rF2 flaws, with the intention they would actually show some interest to fix/improve them. Instead they choose to ban a costumer and someone who tried to do something for the community (Minimalist UI).

At the end it's just easier to ban me than to actually improve their product but then I'm the selfish and childish, awesome.

Anyway that's it for this project and I wish the best to ISI.

You need to understand that I called a specific action that you did selfish and childish. I did not call you that. Nor did I call your work on the new UI that. Your UI is definitely miles better than the default UI. And that's awesome work! Thanks :)

Update: Turns out Dominguez was behind this decision, not Mallorqui

But what I called selfish and childish is the fact that you made it much harder for the community to get your UI now. And why? What did we ever do to you? Why are you trying to use us as a weapon against ISI?

Last edited:
Tim is just being unreasonable, like when i got banned from the GPVWC, the reason was because i raged out and they banned me for the safety of the "community" but what Time is doing (and i will say it again) is unreasonable

#JeSuisEduardEtCharlie #YNRA #YoullNeverRaceAlone

"I also always tend to give a reason for a ban. When I EXTEND to long ban, usually due to an immature reaction to short ban, I don't bother."

Between the first ban and the long ban (now it's a lifetime ban, as we speak), Eduard did nothing. I, personally, as a protest, decided to remove his UI here (because I uploaded it), as I thought it was really unfair.

And Tim's reaction to my decision is ... extend Eduard's ban, because of his inmature reaction. Now the question is, is Eduard inmature for doing/saying anything at all (literally), or is ISI community manager a bit incompetent?

Last edited:
Hi David,

Eduard broke his NDA and was expelled from our internal testing team recently. His attitude has been unacceptable and while his feedback might have been OK if worded differently, he chose not to do that. This is the same thing others have been banned for (not by my request, I have pretty thick skin and frankly don't care how it's worded - but this isn't my forum, it is ISI's forum). It's also the same thing others have NOT been banned for, if they conduct themselves in an appropriate way when giving all kinds of feedback, positive or negative.

I was asked by others inside ISI to ban him from our public forum, and did so. The blame you have laid solely on my shoulders consists of me doing what I was asked to do.

The ban was extended to be permanent after Eduard himself said: "I don't want to have anything to do with them, simple as that." - I'm simply taking the information he provided me with to end the matter, by doing exactly what he said he wanted.

Thank you for your understanding.

Tim

"I also always tend to give a reason for a ban. When I EXTEND to long ban, usually due to an immature reaction to short ban, I don't bother."

Between the first ban and the long ban (now it's a lifetime ban, as we speak), Eduard did nothing. I, personally, as a protest, decided to remove his UI here (because I uploaded it), as I thought it was really unfair.

And Tim's reaction to my decision is ... extend Eduard's ban, because of his inmature reaction. Now the question is, is Eduard inmature for doing/saying anything at all (literally), or is ISI community manager a bit incompetent?
In that case I apologise for assuming it was Mallorqui's order/request/decision. Person behind the act might change but I still stand behind what I think about the act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back