Jeremy Clarkson dropped as Top Gear host, BBC confirms

Personally I love Top Gear and I have always loved it as an entertainment show. The dry sense of humour made me laugh heartily on occasion and the two fingers up to the Politically correct world made it even better for me. (and I'm just slightly over the age of 9 :rolleyes: ) I will miss the show, Clarkson (even though he was a Tory supporting, anti biker nutjob) and Hammond and best of all May. They were a great team together. And their adult road trips will always go down in my book as some of the best entertainment you can possibly get on TV. So much better than reality TV, soap opera's, quiz shows, Karaoke comps and repeats.

Now if only we could get rid of the BBC. I'd be happy then.
#RIP TOP GEAR

Top Gear without Clarkson will have way less success - Even if Clarkson did some stupid stuff, to kick him is not clever from the BBC. The show wont be as popular as before

But how do you get him to straighten up? He's been warned repeatedly over the years. Fines might work if it hasn't been tried.

*cough* Jimmy Saville *cough* Rolf Harris *cough*
*cough cough* has absolutely nothing to do with this case of an unprovoked physical attack as the BBC calls it.

If anyone of us would hit a colleague at work for no apparent reason we would be sacked as well.

In a normal job, i would be fired, of course.

Footballers, F1 drivers and other people have also punched people in the past, they still had their job. Other TV moderators and entertainers have had made some more or less offensive statements and still had their job.

Clarkson is an Entertainer and in my eyes he is also Top Gear. Many people dont want to see him go.

"Footballers, F1 drivers and others have punched people in the past."
So that gives Clarkson the moral authority to punch anything that moves or wriggles...yeah, that sounds so right.

You can never win a David (Clarkson) vs Goliath (BBC) battle where one clearly has the favor of the public.

If the BBC would have done nothing they would be criticized by the same "so many people" for not having balls or moral beliefs.

You don't punch your co-workers in the face over an argument, not even when you are Clarkson.

Hate it that Top Gear as we know it now will be gone though over such a stupidity.

637db551e13391efb581a977831e6c42.png

C'mon Netflix, do it.

Maybe it was bikes, I do not watch it. The source of the amusement was clear.

Clarkson is gone! Contract not to be renewed.

Hold on, so you write a reply about it but haven't even seen the episode (guessing you have seen the show). Yes hes controversial and out spoken and is the head of the show, but we cant blame him for everything the show does. I bet there is meetings and ideas as to what the show does and how it does it so although he is the front man and takes the flake, some of the ideas might not be his. I completely agree that he should not have his contract extended, he punched someone at work as such and although we don't know what, if anything the producer said that may have provoked it, it still shouldn't have happened and he was on his last warning. I'm a massive Clarkson fan and have all the books, DVD's etc. hes done and loved his World War documentaries so hopefully he goes back to doing some of them. He wont be out of cars for long, Sky or another channel will pick him up and chuck money at the show, and I hope the others follow him.

Quite frankly, I don't understand Jeremy. Seems like quite a dream job for anyone that loves cars as much as he does. He gets to drive/abuse cars that he likely would never be able to afford or would buy personally. He gets to travel the world and do some really fun and entertaining stuff, and all that BBC asks in return is keep it politically correct. Leave out the prejudice and racial slurs and remarks but that's too much for Jeremy apparently. This latest melt down over a steak is even more puzzling. I like his on screen personality and the dynamic he brings to the show, but I can't help but feel BBC has finally had enough and had little other choice and I can't say that I fault them in this case. Maybe the producer that was attacked may have been threatening a law suit against BBC if Jeremy wasn't terminated so that may have been the only option available.

Last edited:
To be honest, an un-provoked punch might be a little fib. Something normally happens to provoke a punch. I heard the producer flicked a baked bean at Clarkson and it hit him. If that's the truth, then a punch was justified. ;) :whistling:

I dunno, how many people would be able to punch a colleague and keep their job? I'll be really sad to see him go, but he hasn't exactly helped himself. Just think about you in your day jobs, if you were offensive to others and punched people over such trivial things like a steak, would you be likely to keep your job?

You're absolutely right ; you would given time to pack your personal belongings and then it would be time to leave. BBC is doing the right thing.

Maybe the producer that was attacked may have been threatening a law suit against BBC if Jeremy wasn't terminated so that may have been the only option available.

Shot himself in the foot if that was the case. Top Gear will go down the pan, Andy Wilman will follow Clarkson I would think and go do it somewhere else. He'll always be remembered as the producer that got Jeremy fired and closed Top Gear.

I hope we do get to hear both sides of the story as to why Clarkson did it and the Producers side as to why he thinks he did it.

I was watching TopGear even before the Clarkson days it went from an okay car program to must watch TV. We haven't seen the last of JC but I think it's time for a re-think with the format, it's been a bit hit & miss the last few years. I can't really see the 3 amigos being off the TV that long they pull in the punters, I would say they have most the TV networks in their back pocket already.

Punch a fellow worker :thumbsdown:

Superb News !!!!!
...... About Hammond and James May being out of contract with the bbc this year too :thumbsup:

Just team up for another channel and call it Next Gear. lol i'll be watching

Whoever here is commenting about TG not being a show about cars and they are above this sort of humor and the usual holier than thou nonsense, to them I say this - TG acknowledges that fully, it is supposed to be just three oversized man-childs (well two + Hammond) having fun like any of us would dream of to do one day. It is not a factual documentary and doesn't try to be one, hasn't been one since it was revised in 2002, and it wasn't much of one before that anyway. Believe it or not, these lads are one of the few remaining beacons of a simpler form of humor in an ever changing dull PC world, and they are damn good entertainers in their own right, their testament being TG's top of the world viewership numbers.

If you are really interested in facts then you have wonderful alternatives like Fifth Gear, so I don't understand this TG bashing because it isn't one... do you like want everything in the world to be covered in the same dull beige wallpaper or despise others that want some fun? Like the dude here that came barging in saying :poop: when he doesn't even watch the show. All this "I'm above it all" racket on the internet where people think they somehow become superior if they diss a popular thing is quite amusing. And it was a punch, Clarkson is a diva to say the least... ofc he punched someone but who cares really, this should have been settled over a beer and a few man hugs, not to go crying to their mommies to make sure the kid that punched you gets grounded.

And last I heard BBC was trying to rid themselves of JC for a long time but they couldn't because they had no grounds to do so and he had all the supporters he would need "in the world". But now that they have something against him, something as small as a flipping punch they are gonna use it to the whole extent to try and sack him. There is an investigation going on about the punch........................... INVESTIGATION about an f'ing punch, when the whole crew was there to testify what actually happened. BBC is still run using the tax money of people though, so I doubt they would emerge in a good light if they piss of millions of tax payers by ignoring their petition. This is all just some elementary school drama playing out on a corporate scale, a silly waste of time that helps nobody. :rolleyes:

Whoever here is commenting about TG not being a show about cars and they are above this sort of humor and the usual holier than thou nonsense, to them I say this - TG acknowledges that fully, it is supposed to be just three oversized man-childs (well two + Hammond) having fun like any of us would dream of to do one day. It is not a factual documentary and doesn't try to be one, hasn't been one since it was revised in 2002, and it wasn't much of one before that anyway. Believe it or not, these lads are one of the few remaining beacons of a simpler form of humor in an ever changing dull PC world, and they are damn good entertainers in their own right, their testament being TG's top of the world viewership numbers.

If you are really interested in facts then you have wonderful alternatives like Fifth Gear, so I don't understand this TG bashing because it isn't one... do you like want everything in the world to be covered in the same dull beige wallpaper or despise others that want some fun? Like the dude here that came barging in saying :poop: when he doesn't even watch the show. All this "I'm above it all" racket on the internet where people think they somehow become superior if they diss a popular thing is quite amusing. And it was a punch, Clarkson is a diva to say the least... ofc he punched someone but who cares really, this should have been settled over a beer and a few man hugs, not to go crying to their mommies to make sure the kid that punched you gets grounded.

And last I heard BBC was trying to rid themselves of JC for a long time but they couldn't because they had no grounds to do so and he had all the supporters he would need "in the world". But now that they have something against him, something as small as a flipping punch they are gonna use it to the whole extent to try and sack him. There is an investigation going on about the punch........................... INVESTIGATION about an f'ing punch, when the whole crew was there to testify what actually happened. BBC is still run using the tax money of people though, so I doubt they would emerge in a good light if they piss of millions of tax payers by ignoring their petition. This is all just some elementary school drama playing out on a corporate scale, a silly waste of time that helps nobody. :rolleyes:

Your word ridden two hour long tirade doesnt say much except that "if one million flippin idiots enjoy a show by a bully who manhandles colleagues, indulges in racial slurs on a routinely basis, has been on the record to ridicule the less previleged, etc. etc., then the few who question his actions (and rightly so), should toss off because entertainment of 1 million idiots is what matters." Actions, my friend, should be judged on the basis of their individual merit, not because "Hitler and his more than a million looneys enjoyed the WW II."

Quick to jump the gun aren't ya. Do you really think Clarkson was bullying the producer... a grown man, no, it was stated that Clarkson reported himself to the authority about the punch when the producer didn't even care. He routinely indulges in racial slurs? Source please instead of spouting misinformation, he got into real deep trouble for saying the "n-word" to which he accepted his fault and he crossed the line and it was Hammond who was in trouble for making mexican jokes but do you really believe that he is a proper full blown racist? And did you really just paint everybody who watches TG under a blanket of "idiots" and comparing them to "loonies that like Hitler's work". Jeez man, you should file down some of that edge, you might cut yourself on that. And no, it didn't take two hours, just about two minutes more or less, I might be an "idiot" as you say but not illiterate. Thanks. :p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%