Jenson Button Jessica Michibata in 'Amicable' Split

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
jb.jpg

35 year old McLaren Honda star Jenson Button has split from his model wife Jessica Michibata after one year of marriage on 'amicable' terms, a spokesman for the British driver confirmed.

2009 Formula One World Champion Button is estimated to be worth around £35m and discussions about financial settlements with Michibata are at an early stage,

"Jenson and Jessica have decided to go their separate ways and it is very amicable. There is no one else involved. Jenson and Jessica did not have any financial arrangement before their marriage. There are ongoing discussions between them about money, but it's too early to say how it will pan out."

The couple first met in 2008 and have been together on off ever since. A brief split in 2010 was reconciled and the couple have stayed together despite pressures on both sides of the relationship with Button's racing commitments and and Michibata's high profile modelling career often leaving the couple at opposite sides of the world.

Button and Michibata last appeared together in public back at the American Grand Prix in Texas at the end of October, with the last updates the couple shared on their respective Instagram accounts being some seven weeks ago.

It is common knowledge that Jenson Button thrives in his tight family 'bubble' at Grand Prix weekends, drawing on the inspiration and support in difficult times as famously highlighted during his time together with Lewis Hamilton in 2011, the news of his split from Jessica will undoubtedly be a blow to the Frome Flyer in the run up to the 2016 racing season.

Even though I'm happy to see that this beautiful example of the female species is available again, I can't help but think that this isn't the sort of news RaceDepartment should post.

Jessicas smile on this foto like cruel woman. Never liked this type of girl and wondering what Button find in her person....

how do i turn off celebrity magazine mode, cant find it in the site style chooser?

how do i turn off celebrity magazine mode, cant find it in the site style chooser?
I think for it to be celebrity magazine mode, the story would need to be false and have an outrageous click bait headline :p

"F1 Star and Nicole Sherzinger are officially together! Baby joy for Lewis Hamilton! Top 10 pregnancy tips from Susie Wolff!"

Reactions: Bez
Finally we get to see more of the private site of F1 and racing, keep up with these great articles :) I mean, most of the otehr news here are well known in the racing community anyway....

:p

OMG who the hell cares?! Unless this divorce will shave 10+ seconds off his lap times, its totally irrelevant. Or at least it's not worthy of its own thread.

I too was surprised to see a releationship story here on RD and had to quickly scan past it when the wife walked into the room for fear of her thinking I was on a celeb gossip site :redface:

@OP - Next time you want to do an article on this type of thing do it the Tabloid way and spice it up with lies and topless photos...... Let me give a little example:
"Jenson Button Jessica Michibata in 'a̶m̶i̶c̶a̶b̶l̶e̶' EXPLOSIVE Split"
35 year old McLaren Honda star Jenson Button has s̶p̶l̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ DUMPED his model wife Jessica Michibata after o̶n̶e̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶a̶r̶r̶i̶a̶g̶e̶ he found her in HIS bed with 7 other drivers , a spokesman for the British driver confirmed.
[Insert Topless Image Here]

:thumbsup: :laugh:

Wow!
That didn't last as long as a snow-cone in a desert.

Didn't his house get broken into few months ago when they were at home?
It could possibly have been the catalyst.

I never knew... Racedepartment is full with "funny" guys who enjoy someone's else problems.
And we're not talking some Star Wars villain type of guys. For God's sake it's... it's Jense.
Jason always seems to me like really nice and well mannered guy who's not capable of doing a bad thing to anybody he know (and believe me, this comes from a huge J. Villeneuve fan:whistling:) and... sorry, but I really can't laugh at these hardest times of his life (except maybe when he lose his dad couple years ago) he's must be going trough... :-/
Now... have to say that.
And feel free to dislike me.
whatever-emoticons.jpg

I wish him all the best in his career and his private life.

Last edited:
Wow!
That didn't last as long as a snow-cone in a desert.

Didn't his house get broken into few months ago when they were at home?
It could possibly have been the catalyst.

This just in.... Fernando Alonso has made a shock confession to the anaesthetising and robbery of Button and Michigan. Sources close to Alonso report him being mentally unstable at the time of the robbery and was running around wearing nothing but a loin cloth repeating the phrase "Give me the ring, my precioussss". Stay tuned for more updates

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back