JavaScript error message

sometimes when i'm hovering the alerts, or clicking some tabs on my/other users' profile page, i get "The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console." message. any clue why?

sometimes when i'm hovering the alerts, or clicking some tabs on my/other users' profile page, i get "The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console." message. any clue why?

My first instinct would be if the tab has been open for a while the security token check fails because your session has timed out and a page refresh is required to renew it.

If you can tell me your browser version please I'll keep an eye out for it. Also if you can pm me a screenshot next time you see it please it may help.

i'm using Firefox 43.0 with adblock plus/edge disabled for this site only. currently updated to beta 9 version.
a moment ago i clicked on my own profile thumbnail and this error appeared again.
Untitled.png

i'm using Firefox 43.0 with adblock plus/edge disabled for this site only. currently updated to beta 9 version.
a moment ago i clicked on my own profile thumbnail and this error appeared again.
View attachment 113852

Thanks for the info Henky. I'm unable to reproduce it on my machines. Sorry to ask for more info from you again but next time it happens could you grab me a shot of the javascript console. I don't know if you know how to open it so I've included the details below for the menus or you can simply hit 'Ctrl + Shift + K'. Thanks

open developer console:
click: Main Menu > Developer > Web Console
FF-developerMenu.png

FF-developerConsole.png

The console can be resized to make it bigger vertically, and closed with the small 'X' in the top right of it.

hi Dave, now i get why the JS error is always happened.
that's the problem from my provider. (FYI i use my phone/hotspot tethering for share the connection for both my PC and my phone) they injects the intrusive-ads JS through the site which is not use the HTTPS protocol for mobile or desktop site. and for what i assume it interrupts the Xenforo's security token check. quite like Man-in-the-Middle attack. but don't worry i'm not hacked in this case.

i knew it when i opened the console and saw the JS, there is/was a strange JS included when i highlighted the error message.
this is well-known issue in my country. but most of us don't aware about this and blame the connection (or our devices maybe?). uh oh i feel like i'm tricked.

for the conclusion, of course you couldn't reproduce the error on your machine because we live in different country with different ISP. so the behavior of the connection is indeed different.
currently i'm using VPN connection for temporary solution.

well case closed. thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
There's barely any site that doesn't cause javascript errors.
After some time i get brave and enable "show script errors" again, just to turn it off after a few minutes because it simply pops up way too often :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back