1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XB1 Japanese GP: 19:00 GMT (8pm BST) - 09/27/15 - Prac/Short Qualy/50% Race (No Assts)

Discussion in 'F1 2015 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Rob, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Rob

XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Japanese Grand Prix @ Suzuka
    F1 2015 by Codemasters

8pm BST
    This race is part of an ongoing series of races that will follow the 2015 and 2016 seasons, with a summer break to run some 2014 races on the F1 2015 platform. Although these are "club" races so as to be informal and less stringent on attendance, separate Championships will be scored for the remainder of the 2015 season, the 2014 interlude, and the bulk of the 2016 season start. Individual drivers only. Our aim is to re-live online the race we just watched, play the game in the most hardcore manner possible, and have fun. There will be bugs and glitches for sure, but things will get better with time hopefully.

Invite Time: 7:45p BST/GMT
    Start Time: 8p BST
    Host's Name: OctoberDusk06
    Weather Setting: Actual Race (conditions that were present for the most laps of the actual race)
    Track Selection: With F1 Calendar
    Car Selection: 2015

Premium Members Only: No
    Participation: Short Qualifying / 50% Race
    Car Assignment: First Come, First Served

Rules and Flags: Realistic
    Car Damage: Realistic
    Traction Control: Off
    Brake Assist: Off
    Driving Line: Off
    ABS: Off
    Driver View: Cockpit Only

Signing Up To This Race
    Reply with the following details -- Name / Gamertag / Car Preference

1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ferrari #7
    2. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / Ferrari #5

Replays are encouraged and penalties will be largely game driven, but the Forum Code of Racing Conduct does apply.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  2. mcnasty1

Eric Cline McNasty0421 Ferrari
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mcnasty1

Starting aro und 2 230 est right robert?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rob

Yes sir. A little before 3pm Eric. And again, sorry about today.
  5. mcnasty1

Ok np
  6. Rob

I guess I either fell asleep after or during the race or just before. I know I have to watch it again lol. I didn't see a text, so I guess you did too. We can practice at 2:30 if you want.
  7. mcnasty1

Ok il be on in a few minutes I think..but 230 sounds good..we can just make the practice session longer if need be..any chance of peter running with us..or anyone else? Most I know dont have it or dont play it.but patch seems to have fixed alot of issues
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hope you all had a good race. Too many bugs for me I'm afraid, random ghosting , full fuel in quali which couldn't be changed and no option to change tyres before the race when starting outside the top ten... that's 3 for 3 in my first online session with the new patch so not an auspicious start :thumbsdown:. Managed to make up 6 or 7 places on the first lap but then quit out.

Hopefully things are better offline.. pretty disappointed with my first experience though.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    • Love Love x 1
  9. mcnasty1

Sorry to hear that peter.I would def try to do a hard reset.ive got in the habit of doing it after every patch.make sy re power brick is disconnected from Xbox for a min or two..had a blast for the first time on this game..besides the 10 sec penalty for locking up and xutting the grass in the last chicane. Lol and sorry again boothy u were flying around here and totally thought I had room..or was it team orders.lol hope u give a go again next race at Russia il try to get nova and a few more to living things up somemore.good race guys.maybe next years game will be the combination of 2013 and this.classic cars and all..can always dream.btw when are we going to be able to play 360 games on the one.id be in for another classic series on 2013..always wanted to use this wheel on it
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Rob

That would be cool. But I'm afraid that 30fps is too slow now. I'm really impressed with F1 2015, but I do hear many complaints. Maybe I've gotten spoiled by pCARS, but not on the multiplayer side at least. They both suck. lol. But we have been splicing together at least some steady competition on line. Peter, you seem to have the worst luck with next gen. All of those issues with pCARS and now F1. (I think I have seen the ghosting you talk about, but I may tend to overlook some bugs when the racing is good, like the fuel). As you can see from the replay, things were pretty real for me...I even think the game's pit strategy was better than mine, which, admittedly isn't hard to do. And I still wish they would give you a real precise way to fill and distribute fuel, which we all know is a big deal in F1. But it's hard to ignore the physics. Maybe it's allowing the ffb in the wheel to shine, but it's a pretty compelling game. I think Eric and boothy would agree. Eric, you seem to be getting the hang of these cars too. To be in the same zip code as boothy is a pretty good accomplishment, but I still wonder how in the world he got into the 36s. Sheesh. :O_o:. Granted the Hopper system stinks, but we didn't seem to have connection issues, and it makes me wonder if the game could handle large numbers if the lobby is private. Have people tried? I'm sure somewhere they are. Well, thanks for the competition today.

I knew Peter would be flying through the field and probably would have put a serious hurtin' on us if he had stayed. But to finish ahead of all but one A.I. is pretty cool. Especially on such a driver's track. I had a few moments, but no lag to speak of, no odd penalties, and no complaints about my strategy, other than it was picked for me. But the tire situation fell pretty even, with primes from about 8/9-18 and options all the other times. Didn't seem like I lost much time in the pits although no way would I have caught anyone without some drama or penalty against them. It was pretty clear that boothy was the quickest, with Eric running fairly close and consistent behind and me pretty far rearward, although not lapped. If I recall, in 2013, Boothy would have lapped me at least one in a 50% race. lol. But the key was fun. At least everyone was connected, and that's the main thing, I guess. The Ferrari feels comfortable to me, but I love the Williams too. :thumbsup:. Here is my race:
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Yeah I would love to get the same feel for the game as you guys online but from my perspective it's as broke as so many are saying. Each problem on it's own that I had last night is enough to make it put me off playing online but in combination it just makes it impossible. I didn't have one lap where my car didn't ghost into turn 1/2. At high speed it just makes judging your turn in and braking so difficult and thats without the cars going through you lol. The full fuel in quali means starting from the back pretty much every time so thats already making things difficult and then being locked into starting on primes tyres despite finishing outside the top ten and not using the primes at all just compunds it all into one real mess :O_o:.

I know Eric had the ghosting issue for a whole lap at one point (I had a whole quali run of 3 laps spent as a ghost at one point) so it can;t just be distance related.

Offline I was loving it prior to the patch so I just hope that when I try it next I don't find that it's been spoiled.. that is my main concern as I always felt online for this game was not gong to work.

I may give it one more try if I catch you guys online at all.

I have had my share of niggling issues since going next gen but maybe it's also because I expect far more from it than others seem to. I love both pCars and 2015 but really feel that CM have dropped the ball with the online element of the latter and on this day and age thats a key component which will likely cost them dear.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rob

I can't say I have ever experienced these, but I would feel similar to you if they were there. I may be because I am host, but past F1 games were not shy about booting the host either and that certainly has happened both in Autosport and F1, but hardly ever since I improved my internet. Forza has never had these issues. If the game were simply a racing game with decent physics, they would clean up, but, alas, Turn 10 just does not and will not get it.

We experienced a lot of ghosting in Autosport, but those cars typically did not require the pinpoint accuracy of F1. Maybe that's why my view on it is not as unfavorable as yours, I think. I'm somewhat used to it, but if it happened as much as it does to you (like every lap) it would really be an issue. Can't say that it does, as you can see by the video. Sometimes when I'm either too slow, sideways, or backward it will kick in. In Autosport, we used to speculate it was related to lag (as a better "fix") but every corner, every lap kind of dispels that theory. The tires and the fuel issues I certainly understand your frustration. Qualification is essentially over before it begins, and tire strategy is non-existent. If you are competitive in time, the qualification would be frustrating, but I rarely am, so it's not that bad for me, as sometimes starting in back is better (or the front, but that's not really a reality for me yet, if others are there). I've just given up on tire strategy. Like Eric said, there is no reason that 2015 can't have the same features, at a minimum, as 2013, unless they are cosmetic. I'm fine with the setup changes, as it allows more flexibility, but the fuel issues need work. And like you said, some bugs are known and not that hard to patch. pCARS has done it, so Codemasters could if they wanted to.

I'll continue to run these Sunday events when there is an F1 race, as that's always been n the heads of many, the game is semi-stable online for some, and it sure was nice to be able to race the grand prix right after watching it! :)
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I'm more hopeful now Eric. I had a little experimental session online last night using the hopper system and had none of the problems that I experienced in this race on Sunday. I only ghosted once and that was following being spun round by an AI and was simply to avoid collisions from the following cars so that's fine. Basically I can only assume that my connection to you and Robert in this game is poor (no problem in pCars though) and was the reason I had so many problems. Maybe at some point we can test what it's like for you guys if I host. If it's good then I could join in some of the races planned :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. mcnasty1

Sounds good peter.just let me know when u want to try an online test.
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Rob

1. Daniel Riccardo / Infiniti Red Bull-Renault / 52
    2. Nico Rosberg / Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team / 49
    3. Lewis Hamilton / Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team / 48
    4. Kimi Räikkönen / Scuderia Ferrari / 31 (OctoberDusk06)
    5. Felipe Massa / Williams Martini Racing-Mercedes / 21 (boothy116)
    6. Valtteri Bottas / Williams Martini Racing-Mercedes / 18
    7. Max Verstappen / Scuderia Toro Rosso-Renault / 16
    8. Jenson Button / McLaren Honda / 16
    9. Sebastian Vettel / Scuderia Ferrari / 15 (McNasty0421)
    10. Felipe Nasr / Sauber / 10
    11. Daniil Kvyat / Infiniti Red Bull-Renault / 9
    12. Romain Grosjean / Lotus-Mercedes / 2
    13. Sergio Perez / Sahara Force India-Mercedes / 0
    14. Pastor Maldonado / Lotus-Mercedes / 0
    15. Carlos Sainz Jr / Scuderia Toro Rosso-Renault / 0
    16. Will Stevens / Manor Marussia-Ferrari / 0
    17. Nico Hulkenberg / Sahara Force India-Mercedes / 0
    18. Marcus Ericsson / Sauber / 0
    19. Fernando Alonso / McLaren Honda / 0
    20. Roberto Merhi / Manor Marussia-Ferrari / 0
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015