Cars Jaguar XJ13 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, thanks for this nice car and the update!

I encountered something strange: I tried a race weekend (offline) at Croft (the one from Terra21), but when I pass another car or am passed by a car after a certain distance, the chassis disappears and all I see is a driver and the shadow of the car.
This only happens with the Jag. I tried several other cars (312T, Lola, Lotus Evora, Alfa GTA, ASR 643), too. No problem.

Could this have something to do with my detail settings?
Doesn`t relate to your settings. I think they will fix it with next update.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/jaguar-xj13-1967-w-i-p.122728/page-16#post-2559244

I haven't driven the car before the update in a while.
Because of Real Head Motion I need to use a rear-facing F6 cam to look back, but the one placed with the engine view is distracting because the glass cover reflects the asphalt.

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_njmp_lightning_27-8-117-16-17-16.jpg

What a great car! let's get that engine alive, to make it shake with the revs you need to set it up like this:

exh.jpg

Here's how the exhaust on the 512 is setup (same as I do with my other cars).
Make a dummy with it's pivot Z axis facing forward, place it a bit ahead of the parts you want to "shake" and link the geometry to it. Then you need to add this code to the damage.ini:

Code:
[OSCILLATIONS]
ENABLED=1

[DAMAGE]
INITIAL_LEVEL=20

[VISUAL_OBJECT_0]
NAME=[B]EXHAUST[/B]  ; NAME OF THE NODE
STATIC_ROTATION_AXIS=-1,0,0 ; STATIC ROTATION AXE
STATIC_ROTATION_ANGLE=0 ; STATIC ROTATION ANGLE
MULT_G=0.5         ; EFFECT OF THE G FORCES ON THE OSCILLATION
DAMAGE_ZONE=REAR  ; ZONE IDENTIFIER
MIN_SPEED=-1        ; MINIMUM DAMAGE SPEED
FULL_SPEED=-1    ; MAXIMUM DAMAGE SPEED
OSCILLATION_AXIS=-1,0,0 ; OSCILLATION AXE
OSCILLATION_MIN_ANGLE=0  ; MINIMUM ANGLE OF OSCILLATION - never less than 0 and never more than 5
OSCILLATION_MAX_ANGLE=60 ; MAXIMUM ANGLE OF OSCILLATION - never less than 0 and never more than 5
ALLOWED_G=0,0,0    ; SET WHICH G AXIS HAVE EFFECT ON DAMAGE ANIMATION and how much (0 is off, 1 is 100%)

Change the name of the node to whatever you'd like to call it and that'll get you that engine running :D

@schnipp I don't know how should I solve that, perhaps it is not set as inner glass material, will pay attention to that, thanks :)

@A3DR Thanks thats great help :) I still have to improve a lot of the car details and add animations. I was thinking about making exhaust to shake a bit, thanks for the info. I also have to learn animations better, I want to make doors animations and throttle linkage animation, I think it is possible.

@schnipp I don't know how should I solve that, perhaps it is not set as inner glass material, will pay attention to that, thanks :)

@A3DR Thanks thats great help :) I still have to improve a lot of the car details and add animations. I was thinking about making exhaust to shake a bit, thanks for the info. I also have to learn animations better, I want to make doors animations and throttle linkage animation, I think it is possible.

Give me a shout if you need anything, I believe the throttle linkage thing can be done using a similar method to that. I hope you know you're getting into deeper territory here, expect some frustrations at first but when you get it going and see those things come alive... well, you know :)

Really kool, at least physics wise, and sound wise we will truly be beating GT Sport version :D

Yes LOD can be disabled in lod.ini. Simply. Such a shame, that I forgot.

I wonder should we update it ASAP, or just wait Goodwood members meeting ? I'm slightly tweaking Nemuno Ziedas currently, Next could be XJ. I don't plan to work a lot more on XJ model, though I could make it much better now.

Hopefullt AC2 will exist, and with modding haha And... and.... oh well whatever lol

Nice car but oh boy a swine to handle. You cn be pushing on and doing well and it just suddenlty lets go!!!

I want to persavere but would like some help on a setup that can tame the wayward hadling a bit??

mantasisg updated Jaguar XJ13 with a new update entry:

2018 April, final update

Post crash car - updated model, updated physics, a little update for sound level.

Model has been transformed quite a bit, a negative outcome of that is that I was not be able to keep skins :/ Physics - an excelent update IMO, but many of you will probably disagree, as you guys are always expecting modders to copy Kunos way of approach, we tried to make car to drive better while keeping it authentic and challenging. Some may find it worse than "Kunos quality" some may find it better,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Looking forward to trying this new update...I'm intrigued that there have been changes which you believe may get some people's undies in a twist. :D I wonder if I can pick up on any of them. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%