Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

SOON
tMptjSM.jpg

Looking amazing. Is that a Kunos' SOON™ or a real SOON :roflmao:

Last edited:
I was probably one of the harshest critics of the handling for the past month or so. I just about rejected everything that was sent to me until this last build. It feels right now and is very convincing compared to the death trap it was in prior builds. Very good job so far @mantasisg. Yet another great car to throw around Bridge and RIR!

@Deswribilator Thank you so much for the video ! :) You are first, and thank you for promoting download link :) Looks like it is a bit challenging at first. Have to learn how to keep momentum, use some gas through more difficult places where engine brakes a lot. And ofcourse catching slides is a must, but you can get out with it with some nice pedal to the metal :D

By the way, driver hands doesn't look that bad while driving lol And not a bad laptime for first laps with some mistakes.

Thank you a lot LilSki, it was very nice of you. That you were harsh critic, I mean :D When it is business, it is business. No need for petting lol Aphidgod was working really hard to solve issues which were destabilizating car. Though I was good with car already. I was a bit afraid that car will loose character. But it really become better, and gained more. Great work by @aphidgod, the journey was pretty long and it turned out to be really good.

Adding greatly improved AI, and racing them at RIR is awesome now :) I can't decide which is better, Bridgehampton or Riverside :) It is stupid that none exist today.

Last edited:
It's sooo good. :inlove: It's really a blast to drive... and you really have to be careful to keep it on the line. Still a hand full. I really don't want to know how it behaved with the old physics mentioned before... :confused:

And such a beauty. :)

Great work @mantasisg & team. Congratz. :) I'm sure next updates will be stunning as well. :)
Looking forward for some reasonable liveries. ;)

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_ks_nordschleife_29-7-116-23-30-16.jpg

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_ks_nordschleife_29-7-116-23-27-40.jpg

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_ks_nordschleife_29-7-116-23-32-21.jpg

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_ks_nordschleife_29-7-116-23-27-10.jpg

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_ks_nordschleife_29-7-116-23-47-37.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much !!! Your post is straight from heaven, because I was just planing to ask here if some people could do some more screens of a car, because I feel a lack of it.

Very nice pictures, it will be improved, but watching your screens, and video from @Deswribilator, I can say that I'm happy with it, I feel a little less worried now :) Now I wish there were more records on RSR lol

Try to beat me at Monza 66, or any other track.

Yes it is blast to drive, absolutely perfect physics in my opinion. If some people doesn't totally like model or sound we hear you, but they really should give it a proper go. You said, you don't want to know, but :D earlier physics had this car very unstable under coasting, I learned how to go through it and had praised the physics already, but aphidgod did an extra mile and absolutely improved overall physics, physics were evolving very nicely so much work was put into it.

I went back and watched a couple of videos on YT last night, I have to say that for me the paint in Rolf's pics (and on my own machine) is very nearly dead-the-f*ck-on. It's absolutely a dark shade of BRG IRL. I still feel like a notch or two more bright would be OK, and the body AO will be reduced which should also help, but it seems Gary's experience is a bit of an outlier.

Anyway, on the old physics... the "old" physics were if anything slightly more stable and planted than the current ones. Then some new data came to light on the rear suspension geometry and there were some snags with car setup after integrating it. Numbers that were ideal on the old geometry were no longer ideal. That process complete, I think it's pretty close to how it was originally, if anything the rear end is a little easier to control with the throttle mid-corner. (i.e. you can adjust your drift angle by feathering the throttle now.)

Last edited:
Yep, if it looks correct for everyone else, then don't worry about it :thumbsup:

I actually do worry, I saw few more pics on FB, where it just looks wrong, also darker than on my screen and less reflective. I wonder if you really had reflections rendering on "static". It would be helpful, if you could show few more pics, whenever you'll have time for it.

A little more data would help to learn the issue, I have no doubt many people might have same issue.

Yep, if it looks correct for everyone else, then don't worry about it :thumbsup:
I actually do worry, I saw few more pics on FB, where it just looks wrong, also darker than on my screen and less reflective. I wonder if you really had reflections rendering on "static". It would be helpful, if you could show few more pics, whenever you'll have time for it.

A little more data would help to learn the issue, I have no doubt many people might have same issue.

No problem.

Reflections were/are all max, except reflection rendering frequency (medium, should make no difference). PP is all max, and the screen I shared earlier that looked dark was on the Photography preset.

These screens below are on the default PP preset, maybe not as dark as the ones before but still a little dark:

Xr9gTVP.jpg

A2hTF2x.jpg

Thank you @garyjpaterson it is really helpful. Yes it is too dar, still. Car has to be dark, but it should be rather bright under good light. And body towards the bottom should be less black. Probably AO is too strong. In future I should make it right combining better textures and better shader parameters.

Car still looks better on my machine lol But it is getting obvious that AO towards the bottom is really too black. Just checked GT40 skins folder and yes it shouldn't go that much black towards darker areas.

Whoa, nice idea :) Higher diffuse, and a bit higher ambient values plus tweaked AO should make it right. By the way I wish I'll get rims material look something like that, tires seems like they could be just a little lighter too.

It is stricky with paint, it should be darker than that lotus anyway, but yes. #Goals are getting clearier :)

Thank you @garyjpaterson it is really helpful. Yes it is too dar, still. Car has to be dark, but it should be rather bright under good light. And body towards the bottom should be less black. Probably AO is too strong. In future I should make it right combining better textures and better shader parameters.

Car still looks better on my machine lol But it is getting obvious that AO towards the bottom is really too black. Just checked GT40 skins folder and yes it shouldn't go that much black towards darker areas.
I think it was @Patrik Marek who posted his guide to AO baking somewhere, he placed some sort of plane under the car to get the AO more even.

@AccAkut thanks, haven't seen it. Gona search it. Though I had a plane under my car, but not sure what was its material properties. I remember it took me whole day to get AO baking to work in blender.

@Andy-R Thank you, aphidgod will fix it. How do you like physics ? :) I was thinking to ask you for some test driving before. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%