Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

Perhaps just have to keep it simple without any fancy strategies for future, and get my mods where they can be without overkill on myself, because it takes a little bit time to model things.

I also don't feel very well working on same thing over and over again. I think same goes to people who are using mods. They gets tired to update same mods over and over again. I know that often people just stops updating, for example still using first releases, because those versions are already fine for them, or just gets their "try" of the car/track. I am not exception, there are lots of great content, but I just simply don't have that time. Also just driving is not interesting anymore, racing against AI is ok, but the real thing is racing other people. There really isn't much motivation just to drive something after 500-1000km driven, or often much less than that. But when there is true competition things change. But mods aren't used online, they weren't even used much when community was going strong in official forums of AC.

Moreover, people starts feeling bored, their expectations and demand grows. Last update was a bang IMO, but there were lots of negative responses. Even though car was better than previous version. Even same people who were happy about it before, weren't happy then. I think it got too unique, which I thought was awesome, but people probably found it requiring skills which other cars in AC didn't need.... But next update will have physics which will make it more like normal fresh car.

I am no exception, I really dislike iRacing Lotus 49, but I think I have a good base for such opinion, rather than just "hard to drive".

To sum it all up I can puts lots of effort again, but it could not be worth it, might not come back. I have some other mods. Already released or just having some hours put in blender: Nemunas Circuit, Goodwood Circuit, W125, 312 P Berlinetta, Jaguar D-type, Jaguar E-type. Would be happy to really finish them for something fresh, with community still being hungry, that would really motivate. Meanwhile existing mods might be improved, and probably will be, there could be new releases. But true finished project means something else. Keep in mind that XJ13 is my absolute first thing I have built in 3D, there are many little things which needs to be improved, just look at GT Sport XJ13 version... I am not sure if it is worth to give my heart out again for whole thing revision, some elements - maybe.

But it will really loose skins you know.... :/

Maybe something could be sorted out about LODS.

I loved every version of the XJ 13 you released so far ! It is such an awesome car to throw around a circuit. You do get bored racing it offline. But still, I would drive any update of it at least. Would be good to have an LOD fix. As for the model it looks pretty good already to me. Physics updates are always welcome. This is one of the cars I want to drive more for sure.

Looking for the perfect curve, searching for the perfect line

Nns4cRO.jpg

Another one
hSBaYyB.jpg

And on slightly red carpet, or epoxy flooring, whatever..
W8kqmQU.jpg

This one I call deep look into totaly empty horizon, while showing of what she has. Till sjw's comes and tells her to stop.
gSj3KVh.jpg

Another one. Finaly "nearly done" with the body, more precisely with the front. This time had to use photomatching for once. Decided enough... applied subdivision, tweaked, applied mirroring, tweaked, baked AO...

CM showroom
8rysKzd.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks :) What exactly you would like to see ? I haven't really tried hard to make a very good wireframe, especially now as I have modified a lot of the body mesh, but I think it is ok, I can show it.

Last edited:
Thanks :) What exactly you would like to see ? I haven't really tried hard to make a very good wireframe, especially now as I have modified a lot of the body mesh, but I think it is ok, I can show it.
I`m a topology freak :D I`m especially curios about the vents and that sexy rear end. Also the interior is a point of interest.
Very inspiring work overall, because of you I am now "seriously" reviving an old car project of mine.

@martinsh Ok looks like I will be able to work on mods a little bit and finally give you those screens.

This is mesh straight after applying subdivision, it was not edited after that, so it may not be very good example how it should look, but something like that...

HPPzESA.jpg

GyzQPMu.jpg

It could be cleaned up a bit, and use some less detail without any loss in models quality, but I don't have time for that. The older was poslished more, but had its own ugly bits, because I modeled the car using edge split modifier at first, I realised only much later how much harder it was for me with Edge Split :/

Yeah, thats the only way to get the actual flowing lines of the car haha, before applying subdivision mesh actually looked better. Now it is too dense, and a few messy joints. I wish I could do nicer shots with nicer mesh, like this:
8697647679_ba7ae5f550_o.jpg

Experimenting with damage and dirt for the first time, feels like getting something, but to really get dirt + dents + scratches good I will have to work a bit more, looks something ok from this angle.

Textures are a bit wrong sizes now, too big, just experimenting, that dirt looks good though, I wonder if I'll be able to keep the look at lower resolution.

9mXgIcd.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years