Jaguar X-Type Version 2.0

• Tiberius

Yep, I had to separate the driver's head to do the pilot model, looks pretty gruesome, eh? :smile:

I was making some driver models, if I get them finished in time I'll change it in the update and hopefully fix that bug.

I noted that there isn't a carname. laptime, or bestlap on the screen which most all cars have. Key-0 view.

I made the carname.tga and modified the views.ini file to add them in, elt14, 15, 16 if I remember correctly.

You can use the attachment as you wish.

Attachments

• jaguar_x-type_v2.7z
    12.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Tiberius

Haven't heard anything from Whippy yet, but I uploaded a few shots to the Photbucket showing the difference between the new and old version of the car - if you're interested, they're the first 6 screenshots on this link..

P.S: Thanks Boomer, I cut them out before to clear the screen a bit, I'll include that set with the update in case anyone wants the timers back onscreen ;-)

• Tiberius

Bruce, any chance to get non-cg version of this nice car?

Sorry mate, not at this moment :frown:. I'm trying to tune everything now to work in HDR with cg etc, old shaders and lighting just look really low end after that. Racer has always targeted high end graphics, that's what I'm trying to keep with, making the content which I'm creating now much higher quality than what I used to do :tongue:

Not that I wouldn't do it, I was trying to get a non-cg version fixed up. I just can't make it compatible with every Racer version that people are asking me to do, just too much of the car would need changing for each version (shaders, gauges, textures, models..the list goes on).

Besides, even the CG'd version doesn't look anywhere near as good as I'd like it to, I'd really not be happy with putting a version out that didn't even look as good as that does.

It shouldn't really need much to get it working without CG, I'm not going to stop you if you want to get it working for older hardware - it's really not that hard, honest.

I replaced my defective replacement GTX 285 with a 9800 GT and still have the ai disappearing problem.

The ai is turned on in racer.ini. If anyone with a 9800 GT would please try to duplicate the prblem and if it works please post your racer.ini file and 9800 GT settings, thank you.

Attachments

• Jag.jpg
    Jag.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 367
I replaced my defective replacement GTX 285 with a 9800 GT and still have the ai disappearing problem.

The ai is turned on in racer.ini. If anyone with a 9800 GT would please try to duplicate the prblem and if it works please post your racer.ini file and 9800 GT settings, thank you.

I'll put my 9800GT back in. What exactly am I looking for?

I turn the ai line on in racer.ini and it then appears with cars other than the Jag on carlswood or other tracks but it disappears when the jag is run on carlswood or other tracks.

Dream Factory confirmed the problem is with the jag. It did the same with my GTX285.

I haven't ben able to find the cause of the problem.

Incredible model Tiberius! Needs a bit of polishing through ! Hope you finish for the latest racer version :)

Ps - Do you really own a xjr ? ( It was my dream car -it would be amazing to see a cg racer version of it! )

It'll be fine. One the version 090 Final is released, there should hopefully be a lot of new content makers. Technically unless you're in the comminity like we are here on RD, all you've got is 050.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back