Jaguar MKII 4.2  No: 409 Coupe des Alpes GTL SKIN

Skins Jaguar MKII 4.2 No: 409 Coupe des Alpes GTL SKIN V1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jon c submitted a new resource:

Jaguar MKII 4.2 No 409 Coupe des Alpes GTL SKIN - GTL SKIN by DonPanoz

Jaguar MKII 4.2 No. 409 "Coupe des Alpes"
=====================================
View attachment 292048 View attachment 292049
Skin was inspired by the No.409 Mark 1 Jag, that battled in the 1958 Rallye "Coupe des Alpes."
Installation:
-------------
Copy the "409" - folder in your "Gamedata\Teams\TC-65\Jaguar MK II 4.2" Folder
Have fun with it.

DonPanoz, 31. July 2011

Read more about this resource...

I wonder if you can help me. I work for the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust in Gaydon, England. We have an oil painting in our art collection and mounted on our 'Racing Wall', of the red Jaguar Mark I #409 from the 1958 Alpine Rally.

I am intrigued to know how/why this was chosen as the GTL SKIN mentioned here.

I am writing up the story of the painting for Art Collection section of the Trust website and some background on this would be a nice bit of detail to include.

Attachments

• WAR_JDHT_31-001 Robert Arnold - Mk1, 1958 Alpine Rally.jpg
    WAR_JDHT_31-001 Robert Arnold - Mk1, 1958 Alpine Rally.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: jgf
Speaking for myself, for whatever series I'm working with at the time I will paint virtually any real world car for which I can find decent photos.

This car would be a good candidate for the P&G mod also. (GTL has cars as driven in vintage races today; the P&G mod, for GTR2, presents them as they raced in the sixties.)

Speaking for myself, for whatever series I'm working with at the time I will paint virtually any real world car for which I can find decent photos.

This car would be a good candidate for the P&G mod also. (GTL has cars as driven in vintage races today; the P&G mod, for GTR2, presents them as they raced in the sixties.)
Thanks JGF I understand your point of view. very few pictures of car 409 exist hence me wanting to know the background. Showing my lack of knowledge what is P&G?

P&G is a mod for GTR2. GTL simulates classic sport cars as they are raced today in vintage events; P&G takes those cars and reworks the physics and tires to represent them as they raced in the sixties and seventies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 37.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 61 57.5%