Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyermix.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class:Jaguar E-Type (numbers 851 & 853 only) vs Fiat Abarth 131
Track: Anneau du Rhin 2008 – V 1.0
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mods.
Note3: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CDAbarth131.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 321
  • CDJagE-Type.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 291
That was a great pair of races.

R1 - Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag, not much to report. Got a flyer of a start and made it up to 4th, Carlos and Steve wipe each other out at the end of lap 1 and I spend the rest of the race following an Arbath that just keeps getting smaller. Great Driving by Ralf.

R2 - Much more hectic, I wasn't as happy in the arbath and my times were dissapointing. I got another good start but had no space to make anything of it. Into T2 and 3 Jaaaaaaag's ahead of me all take to the grass and I try to make some places, but on cold rubber i was all over the place.

I was quickly dropped by the lead pack and soon Bob, Tudor and Krzyzstof were on my tail. The jaaaaaaag's had a clear advantage on the straights but it was so tight that overtaking was near impossible, Bob took his chance when I tried to go around the outside of Andrew to lap him only for him to carry on down the escape road thus stopping me from taking the turn. From this group of 4 I was no 3rd and trying desperately to get round Krzyzstof while he was making a decent effort of getting his e-type into Bob's rear seat. We pounded round for a few laps like this but towards the end we hit traffic and all hell broke loose. I honestly don't remember much, Krzyzstof has a spin at the hairpin and Bob was behind Tim trying to get by but not finding room. Tudor and I had an off as he overtook me on the S/F straight then lost it into 2 , I went too deep and hit his spinnign car. After we'd rejoined the track Steve was up with us and we had a dash to the line. I managed to pass Tudor in the final chicane on the last lap and he and Steve crossed the line neck and neck.

A great little track, if a little narrow. Great car paring too, but any evening with an e-type is good for me really. Cheers Carlos and Grats to Ralf for wiping the floor with us!

Someone mentioned being dizzy, I agree with that. Very closed circuit, name tags flying in every direction :D

Nothing special in the races for me, at least the weather is a bit cooler now, so I could finish the races without major issues.

Had one close call in race 2, with the Jag. First lap, the braking area at those slow corner before the finish line. Braked a bit too late, was going to hit the guy in front, so had to suddenly swerve to the left. Hans was behind me, not sure if there was contact, but I think he lost a position because of it. Sorry about that.

Didn't really like the track, but mostly because it was so compact. At least there were a lot of connecting roads I could take when the leaders were about to lap.

Kudos to Ralf. The regular guys were already way too fast for me, but your times were epic.

Well 2 good races for me, had lots of fun but I felt the Jag was not suited to this track, a little to twisty in the infield but overall the track I liked but will reserve judgement when or if we drive other cars on it. Thanks to all that I raced with tonight, you guys were clean as always. Sorry to my old mucker Steve who I had a strange collision with tonight, looked at the replay & it showed I never touched you but it did show your rear light getting broken & then a second later you spin, werid.

Thanks again Carlos for all your hard work putting this all together, nice job there mate, Grts to Ralf for wiping the floor with us in both races, looks like were going have to up our game a bit. See ya all next week..........

Still getting use to the new wheel, it's coming along, and I like it very much by the way. It's a matter of putting everything together for one solid lap and then doing it again 17 more times. Not so easy. Still messing up on some gear shifting but not as often... but got to stop going off the track for any reason besides no good reason. I found the jaaaag easier to drive because I practiced more with it and I was slow adjusting to the gearing needed to efficiently move the abarth through the corners and with cars lapping me I lost the focus needed to drive smooth. I found it difficult at times to locate drivers behind me. I see in the replay that I bumped Hans at the start of R1 I believe (I think he may have stalled) and I helped him to get going:redface: and later in R2 near the end I forced him to go wide as I was trying get my car started and foolishly edged on the track on a corner.:frown:

Thanks to Carlos/Stu. I know that it's got to be a lot a work, week after week coming up with these tactical events. It's good to see numerous drivers signing up which must say some positive is happening here.

I have to admit that the Jag and this track didn't get along all too well, but it was a close match for the 131 because of it. The jag has more acceleration and top speed than the 131. The twisty nature of the track fit the 131 well and the Jag had to rely on its power to be competitive. I like it when two different cars go around the same track in two very different styles but with very similar lap times. I also like giving you guys the challenge of having to adjust to the other car for race 2.:tongue:

Race 1 looked promising for me but I went a bit off track in lap one and then I don't know if I got in Steven's way or if he tapped me by mistake (didn't look at the replay). Either way, we both went off track and we ended up either last or pretty near to it. I wasn't sure if the contact with Steven was my fault or not so to be safe I let him pass after we had gotten back on track. I stuck to him as closely as possible as he was doing a good job of making up the places we had lost earlier. I think he got up to about 4th or 5th place and then he and someone else (sorry, can't remember who) went off and I ended up snatching 4th. I was too far away from the front 3 to catch up so I just concentrated on keeping 4th and managed to finish there.

Race 2) Had some fun with Thommo in the first couple of laps. A few times it looked like we might crash into each other but we didn't lol. We were both trying to catch Ralf but after a while something happened to Thommo and it was just me left to put what little pressure I could on Ralf. It was hopeless lol. The guy is too fast. Little by little he just got smaller and smaller. At one point I think he had a 5 second (or more) gap to me. Then I think he felt sorry for me and started to slow down cuz I was pretty close to him when the race ended. Or maybe he was just messing with me, trying to give me some false hope at the end lol. That would be quite evil hehe.

Major grats to Mr. Ralf Eiden for the wins tonight.
Thanks to all who showed up and gave us the healthy grid number.
Thanks to Thommo and RD.

P.S. I was the one that mentioned getting dizzy hehe.

Given some of the practice I'd had, and some of the times I saw when I first went into the server, if you'd offered me two podium finishes, I'd have ripped your arm off. :good:

I far preferred driving the 131 round this track - I love the E-Type, but the track really kept it in check to balance the times out.

In the 131 first, it looked pretty close in times - behind Ralf of course.

Got a better Quali result than I was expecting, and off we went. Ralf & Tom got out to a decent early start, with Tudor, me & Bob all nose to tail. A couple of great laps behind Tudor, me having a look in a few areas, him defending well, very enjoyable. He then just went a little deep into a braking zone and I managed to just wriggle past. To my great surprise, I managed to open up a decent gap pretty quickly, and held it together for a comfortable 3rd, never closing the gap to Tom & Ralf ahead, but always keeping the gap behind me to +10 sec.

Race 2 in the Jaaaaaag, got a decent start behind Ralf and Carlos in his 131 (which he drives like a demon). I had a couple of nibbles into the braking zone on the straight, but Carlos wasn't having any of it. He put the hammer down and ran away to try and bother Ralf. It was basically the same story as Race1 from that point, big gap ahead that i wasn't really making much impression on, and a nice comfortable gap behind that wasn't closing. Held the Jaaaaaag together to the end and rolled it over the line for another comfortable 3rd.

Thanks to Carlos & RD for the event, and you drivers for the healthy turnout :good:

Well, don't know what to say. Even after Carlos' decodation. And my online nick "rafnix" since day one alludes to someone who even suffers from cerebral competence, at least in german.

However first time of that kind of domination for me too. Found that track being one where one has to think twice at what section one has to invest slower speed to benefit at some exits and vice versa. Looks like I had the fastest mixture.

Reading the chat yesterday and comments today I find myself in the middle of people showing good manners and maturity. Well done, thank you and congrats to all of you. Looking forward to the next

Difficult race in the Jag here.

Race 1: In the Jag, worked hard to keep it on the track, but lost some concentration near the end and came in 9th

Race 2: Was looking forward to racing this, but... accidentally turned off auto clutch and stalled it at the start. It took me 56 seconds to realise what I'd done and get going. Hit Bob going into to T1 as he lapped me, as I had no idea where he was, and piled into the tyre wall which killed my car.

Certainly an interesting match up this week Carlos, look forward to next week's challenge.

Strange evening,

First race with the Jag,in practice could not control the car at all,it was like driving on ice,did some practice the evening before an manage a 1.31.xxx an not much offs, online completely different picture from the first 10 laps the fastest time a 1.50 or so did not understand a thing of it,asking in chat of there was less grip online? maybe a crazy question so no answer bud it feel like that.
Then I remember that the last laps I did was with 40 ltr.fuel an did my fastest time , so put in the fuel an it was way better but not as good ofline 1.33.4xx in Quali.

Start on p9 , waiting for the GO slam the throttle nothing happens, not put first gear in ?? ( never ever happen to me,only once on the limiter lol ) so Jack was willing to help me to go of the line:mad:.

After that had some nice fights here an there an some nice offs here an there an fin p10.

Race 2 with the 131 Q on p10 had an off in Quali, this time no problem on the start but never get the full speed out of this car,way to slow compared to the guys in front.

In lap 10 or so had a big off in to a wall bend my steering a quarter to the right,good steering in corners to the right bad in corners to the left,fin on p 9 a bit dizzy ...

Don't no if I have to thank Carlos for this crazy combo, but I do so did have Fun an laughs,
an thanks to the guys that did help me under-way :D

Then I remember that the last laps I did was with 40 ltr.fuel an did my fastest time , so put in the fuel an it was way better but not as good ofline 1.33.4xx in Quali.

I didn't practice offline, but I noticed that me Qualy lap in the Jag was 2 seconds slower on low fuel than practice on race fuel. I think the car definately responds better to a full tank.

Race 1 was a bit of a disaster for me as after a nice little battle with Stuart, I spun the 131 putting me next to last. Had some good fun driving back up the field though making a few passes and gaining from others misfortunes.

Race 2. Never raced the E-Type before, but with Carlos' setup (with an extra click on F&R springs for my personal taste) I was impressed by how much fun it was. Had great battles with Bob, Tom, Krzyzstof and Steve exchanging positions (and falling off a couple of times). I thought I had Tom covered at the last chicane, but he somehow found a way past me and took the position at the end. Nice driving mate :cool:

Hope to see you all next week.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 371 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing