I've got an rfm question I can't find a thread with answers for....

In rfactors car mod's there at least (usually) 3 files in rfm folder per mod, & only one of them is actually an rfm file with the other 2 being TGA files...
One of the TGA's usually says *mod name*logo.TGA- Im guessing thats for the little 'badge' that's up on the left top corner when on the spinner screen....
What's the other one for?
Will rF have problems & crash while either loading track or attempting to change mod OR leave game without them OR if one of those files is missing/empty?
AND, if so, how do I make suitable TGA files to go there?
I'm a noob & I'm just trying to figure out why a mod I've been trying to work on keeps crashing with the problem slowly getting worse & a VERY limited internet time to go sifting for answers!
Thanks for any advice in advance guys....

The problem is that I can only get the mod to run in a 'clean' (no other tracks or mods added) install of rF & even then, after a while the mod will stop working during the track loading stage & must be deleted & re-installed from another 'storage' file.
If at any stage I try to change to another mod it will cause rF to crash after selecting another mod & then try to close 'Customize' in anyway OR leave strait from there out of the game.
It also crashes after having had a drive & then shutting rF down from the spinner window....
It's becoming most frustrating to say the least as there's not much point in doing anything more to the mod until it can be 'stabilized'!
Any help, advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks

I did an experiment after my last post....
If I remove the mod's folder from the 'Vehicles' folder, yet leave the rfm in place then re-start the game again it opens as my mod (but without the vehicle in the spinner-as expected) BUT, Im then able to change to a different mod OR shutdown rF without rF crashing!
Which has me thinking the problem is NOT rfm related after all.....
What could be wrong in a Mod's folder to cause this problem?
I thought it would've been an rfm issue....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%