• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

I've got a very strange problem in GSCE. HPP Pedals.

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Jeff Huber, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    Ok , so I tested my new simrig last night for the very first time! ( Yeehaaww! ) super excited about that. My new HPP pedals are actually working awesome in RF2 , iracing and AC. But for some reason......just the brake pedal barely registers?? The throttle is working , but not correctly.

I've tried everything I can think of , so I know I'm missing something inside the sim itself. I can push the pedal all the way until it stops and just a small sliver of red shows up on the bottom of calibrator inside the game. If I push so hard with my butt up off the seat ( I mean pretty dang hard ) I still can only get about 10% brake...if that?

The other three sims I tried all seemed to work right of the bat. I did some small tweaking , but it registered.

Played with sensitivity and dead zone. But I know I have to be missing something.

Any help or ideas?

2. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    Side note : The issue I am having is happening in all 4 installs I have. The new V1.51 on steam , and the 3 other installs I have on my HD as well. Same issue in all 4.

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +3,609
    Check deadzone / sensitivity settings in Controller 3 menu - on the bottom you have tabs for CTRL1, CTRL2... CTRL6, all with sensitivity & deadzone sliders corresponding each of the 6 possible controllers. Say your pedals are registered as JOY2 - CTRL2 is the tab you should check.

4. Niels_at_home

Niels_at_home
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +313
    Did you calibrate the pedals using something like DIview? this
    probably applies..

5. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    Niels.....yes I did after someone mentioned it to me on the iracing forums. Even though I needed the help in GSCE , they were super cool and helped me out. I HAD to use something like this because no matter what I did " in game " the brake just would not register up past about 10% That was with sensitivity cranked up all the way , played with deadzone , ect....it just wouldn't work. Really weird since every other sim I tried they worked like clock work. BUT....I'm glad I had this issue to be honest , because I probably would of never found out about DiView and how cool that little tool can be. Awesome....AND I am now playing GSCE again! Thanks guys!

• Like Like x 1