I've come across two used cars that i might be interested in buying.

I wouldn't mind mind some feedback from my fellow good members here.

First one is a 94 Volvo 850 T5R Wagon, It has over 275000klm on the odometer but 40000klm on rebuilt motor and drivetrain. The car looks great inside and out and owner has all service records. Car passes emissions testing with flying colours.

Price of car $6500 or best offer.

Second is a 90 Mazda Miata. It has roughly the same amout of mileage, the 5spd transmission has been rebuilt but not the motor. Only regular servicing has been done to it and ower has records for it as well. Minor wear and tear parts have been replaced but like I said no major work has been done to motor. This car does not burn or leak oil and it passes our emissions testing with flying colours. Car is bone stock and roof is in beautiful condition because a hard top is being used. Car looks great as well.

Price of car $2800 firm.

I'm torn on which one I really want! To me the Volvo sounds like the better choice, Its a T5R! The Miata would be more fun to to drive during the summer.

Volvo is that grey/silver in colour and Miata is red, which I'm not overly to keen of.

So what do guys think?

I'd take the Miata in a heartbeat ! No power steering on the 1990 aswell, and it will be good in the winter also :)

Is the Volvo a manual ? By the way, it's not a "T5R", the T5R was only made in 1995... Then a "R" was made from 96' to 98'

• 850: 2.4 L I5, 168 hp (125 kW) @ 6300 rpm and 162 ft·lbf (220 N·m) @ 4500 rpm
  • 850 Turbo: 2.3 L I5, 222 hp (166 kW) @ 5200 rpm and 221 ft·lbf (300 N·m) @ 2100 rpm
The 1994 850 includes revised headlights, front valances, and front and rear bumpers. The GLT badge is dropped, although all the same equipment is available. The 222 hp (166 kW) Turbo sedan and wagon, as well as the normally aspirated 168 hp (125 kW) wagon, are new models this year.

• 850: 2.4 L I5, 168 hp (125 kW) @ 6300 rpm and 162 ft·lbf (220 N·m) @ 4500 rpm
  • 850 GLT: 2.4 L I5, 168 hp (125 kW) @ 6300 rpm and 162 ft·lbf (220 N·m) @ 4500 rpm
  • 850 Turbo: 2.3 L I5, 222 hp (166 kW) @ 5200 rpm and 221 ft·lbf (300 N·m) @ 2100 rpm
  • 850 T-5R: 2.3 L I5, 245 hp (179 kW) @ 5600 rpm and 221 ft·lbf (300 N·m) @ 2100 rpm
The GLT badge returned for the 1995 model year, so there were now sedan and wagon versions of the 850, 850 GLT, 850 Turbo, and 850 T-5R. The T-5R was the new high performance model, with more power stemming from ECU tuning, and special suspension, trim and wheels. In addition to the introduction of the T-5R, changes included new tail-lights for sedans, optional side airbags for all variants, new interior switch-gear design and several other detail changes. Australian delivered 850 SEs were provided with the B5252 10 valve motor, which was labelled DOHC on the cam cover.

Yes it is 5spd manual. actually price is nominal for that year and model. Regular 850's can be found for half the price of a T5R. Volvo's were not good with holding value and back then they were not known for "Good Reliability". One of my friends is telling me to stay away from it because Consumer Report does not give it a good rating but I don't care about what they say. I buy what I like . If I went with Consumer Reports ratings i'd be stuck with a boring ride lol lol!

I would put more consideration towards the Miata if it wasn't red. I like red on other cars but not on Miatas, way too girlish lol lol! I could get it painted black but a good paint job will cost more than the price of car.

What about buying nice black rims for it and lowering it a bit ?

4307920014_large.jpg

1992_Mazda_Miata_MX_5_Jackson_Racing_Supercharger_Rear_1.jpg

images

Easy right ?

Since I last reposted I've been rethinking the red lol!

I also have been checking out Flyin Miata and if I spent additional $3 to 4 thousand on car I would have awesome handling car!

I'm steering more towards the Miata now Will! . Reason why to is Pauline has her Pathfinder and her dad leaves us his Cherokee SRT8 when he leaves town so really no need for another "people mover" SRT 8 handles quite well for a suv and I can stomp on quite a few cars out there in acceleration.

Miata will be great for summer and can do some serious canyon carving with it.

I'm not crazy about them, they are not bad looking, just not as nice :)

Of course in stock form they handle better than the Gen 1, but since it's pretty rare that an enthusiast leaves its Miata stock... :p

By the way, it's 1997 to 2004 :)

Will, I might of finally found a Mustang that I want. I've always wanted a 91 to 93 5.0L LX but I found a 97 SVT Cobra at a Ford dealership. The ad in the paper didn't say much except for its supercharged and low mileage. Call for Details . So I did and I pretty much heard what I wanted to hear.

It only has 110000kms on it and the stuff that's been done to car is too much to list over the phone. $9500 price is negotiable.

I made a appointment with the salesman for 5pm for a test drive. I'm taking Pauline with me but doesn't get off work till 3pm so I'm anxiously waiting

Sorry William no pics, I forgot and I decided car was not for me/us.

Reasons:

Car was way too low and stiff. back wheels were almost tucked the fronts were 1/4 inch up into the fenders. Driving it, when I drove over a bump felt like it will loosen my teeth lol!. Pauline didn't like the ride either.

The dash constantly creaked, drove me absolutely insane.

Car was too loud for my liking, it had Flowmaster mufflers on it and I just don't like the sound of em. The Cherokee SRT8 has Magnaflows on it and it is not as loud and sounds much better. The bellypan was pretty scraped too.

I looked underneath the car and the exhaust is so scraped and the catylitic converter was pretty dented from bottoming out on speedbumps.

So its not for us. I say "us" because Pauline will be driving the car as well. She can drive manual so I have no problems letting her take the car. She also knows to respect power so I know she will not crash the car.

On our way home I stopped at another dealership and saw a 2002 Mustang "Bullit" GT so I'm going tomorrow to test drive it. It's very clean, bone stock and only has 72000km on it. Same price as the SVT but all around better despite no mods but I rather have the Bullit.

It dried up yesterday evening so I went to drive the Bullitt GT, liked it so I started the paperwork. I couldn't get a credit check done last night cause it was a bit late in the day so salesman said he'll call me in the morning.

Well I got the call this morning and Ford Credit has preapproved for $35000!

This changes everything for me, I didn't look at any other cars last night other than the Bullitt but salesman told me there is a 09 GT 500 there if I want it. I go pick up Pauline from work later and we're going to see what I can get:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%