It's Ugly, It's Bizzare and It's Just Not Cricket - Introducing the New Roborace Car...

At my age people don't take things like that very serious . I've seen a lot over the years.

Besides:
When we have *Robocars* on a track...racing...well...here are the new Pitbabes : ;)

c09601f0c30a5068a5ac6fb9ee73eaf7.jpg
:geek::rolleyes::rolleyes::geek:

In my view, racing exists for entertainment. The main thing that entertains and fascinates me is seeing human beings making cars do extraordinary things. I would find precisely no entertainment value whatsoever in watching a computer drive a car around a track. I can do that already anyway, by watching the AI in any of many racing sims. But I don't because it's boring and pointless.

Yeah yeah, nice tech. But there are better ways of testing it than wasting tonnes of time and money making a "racing" series nobody will bother watching.

It is not a question of if anymore, only a question of when we will have the opportunity to purchase a car that drives itself. Competition as always been there for the brands to display their performance ability, as they will now offer a driverless solution, it makes perfect sense to have driverless races for them to prove their worth.
I am looking forward to see where this is going, thank you for the article.

It's very good/funny for a TechExpo, not for racing amateurs.
BattleBots are not intended for the boxing/wrestling public...
It's good for geeks forums (that I could also read), but less/none for simracers.

Last edited:
If this is only a technical exercise then why build a race version? Yes, I'm hopelessly stuck in the past when men were men and robots were on Lost In Space. "Danger Will Rogers, danger!"

I think it's a great idea. What's wrong with pushing the boundries of technology and learning new things?

I don't think it should replace traditional motorsport, and I find the idea of watching AI racing very very dull. But as a technical exercise I think it's excellent.

For as long as it stays as a proof-of-concept thing rather than evolving into a recurring motorsport event; then I'm cool with it...

...unless they start including "practical" weapons from Robot Wars.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%