It's times like this....

I do believe that the Simbin[studio3] lobby for Race 07 will be back back up soon.

But at these time I wonder what will I do if Race 07 does go away? My PC is old, certainly I can update and I believe I have spousal approval for that. But which of the newer racing environments would I go to? Game Stock Car I can run on my machine right now. The club races don't need a lot of fussing around to go racing but the tracks, I want real oldtime, recognizable race tracks on my machine and maybe some real, licensed cars.

Another sim I can run on my current machine, rf2 scared me away. Build after build, download after download just for a club race, no foundation! I'm also a simple guy, I don't need a tack that has to be "rubbered" up to get grip and I get tired of leaving the pit to spin around for the first couple of laps, sure hope they have cured that.

AC, Assetto Corsa, the hot thing in town, new machine to run on lasered tracks, the sun shining off of every fender and rear view mirror but I don't just want an expensive GT car to drive, I want rrrrace cars and a sim that's set for rrrraces with them. full races, pit stops and all.

Not everyones fav but iracing had me for a while and they keep improving with out much need for PC upgrading. Costs can be steep but pick your races, drive to watch your ratings and your multiplayer experience CAN be very pleasurable but costly if you let your desires take over.

I'm not sure where I would go, how about you?

My brain glitches at that too - the game is gSCe, not gCSe, but I always get the middle two backwards when reading or writing it because I'm from the UK.

When I did my exams they were still GCEs, not GCSEs, but I picked the second acronym up when our kids went through school. :p

My brain glitches at that too - the game is gSCe, not gCSe

alex had me convinced...
2cxdgdx.jpg

As much as i love GSCE, here's another vote for HGTTC (HistorX) :). Best thing in simracing for me right now, GSCE takes a close second place because the HistorX cars appeal more to me, love the physics of both sims. Niels Heusinkveld was heavily involved in the creation of HGTTC's physics, also. If you're not into the latest downforce, high grip and graphics technology, you should like it :D.
Our club is a great place to spend your racing time, if in doubt just check out Stig's videos of our races.

I like rF2 (will probably love it once people like Niels start making mods for it), AC is nice with the right car on the right tyre but both aren't nearly as much fun for me as a good HGTTC race. Never could get into R3E, strange pricing sytem which would maybe be tolerable if i liked the physics. Not interested in pCars, either.

HGTCC maybe isn't the latest trend in simracing but personally i think there is nothing like it out there.

Edit: To be fair, HistorX has also some downsides. It runs on a 7 year old engine (very nicely though) and not only is it hard to drive at first but also if you don't shift properly or overrev your engine you will have a barbeque instead of a race.
We got used to our barbeques though, they actually add another dimension to racing ;).

Last edited:
Well, you know where I hang out these days. Get's a little nicer every 3 months, but it is pricey (and opinions are strong). Great ecosystem though, any kind of league you could want.
In any event, I think AC shows some promise. Running the Ring with street cars is a blast. (I always was a GT type so it appeals to me)
RF2 does require a lot of work to get situated, I gave up a while back and really haven't had any pressing reason to take it up again. May be worth looking into if it's been a while, as I think they've released some major updates.
The only reason I've never tried GSC is because I've never fell in with a group that used it.
I do miss Race07, mostly for some of the fantasy tracks (Road One comes to mind) and smaller Euro tracks that were available, as well as the historics.
(Guess I need to change my Avatar, Longshot hasn't existed in a year and a half, oops)

I do believe that the Simbin[studio3] lobby for Race 07 will be back back up soon.

But at these time I wonder what will I do if Race 07 does go away? My PC is old, certainly I can update and I believe I have spousal approval for that. But which of the newer racing environments would I go to? Game Stock Car I can run on my machine right now. The club races don't need a lot of fussing around to go racing but the tracks, I want real oldtime, recognizable race tracks on my machine and maybe some real, licensed cars.

Another sim I can run on my current machine, rf2 scared me away. Build after build, download after download just for a club race, no foundation! I'm also a simple guy, I don't need a tack that has to be "rubbered" up to get grip and I get tired of leaving the pit to spin around for the first couple of laps, sure hope they have cured that.

AC, Assetto Corsa, the hot thing in town, new machine to run on lasered tracks, the sun shining off of every fender and rear view mirror but I don't just want an expensive GT car to drive, I want rrrrace cars and a sim that's set for rrrraces with them. full races, pit stops and all.

Not everyones fav but iracing had me for a while and they keep improving with out much need for PC upgrading. Costs can be steep but pick your races, drive to watch your ratings and your multiplayer experience CAN be very pleasurable but costly if you let your desires take over.

I'm not sure where I would go, how about you?
Hate I racing

I've been trying other sims - hope Race 07 doesn't mind us moving to an 'open relationship' :inlove:

rF2: FFB tweaking needed a lot of work and digging into config files to fix the deadzone it created on my G25. Demo car is pants, not sure I want to spend money to find out if the other cars are any better. The graphics need some serious optimisation. It looks like Race 07 but runs at a lower frame rate. :O_o: Car and track mods freely available. Cars skinnable.

R3E: Setting up the FFB again is tricky. Still not happy with it, but it's starting to feel more like a racecar now instead of a shopping trolley. The Junior Driver car in the free version handles fairly well, but the demo track (some SimBin Fantasy I think) is a bit overdone on elevation changes creating quite scary blind corners. Lédenon is really nice by comparison. They have a WTCC Pack that only includes THREE tracks *coughs* Umm.. :redface: No freely available Cars or Tracks. Cannot skin cars, must purchase official skins.

GSCE: You can't fiddle with the Mini because it's part of a series. :speechless: Handling is good, graphics are a tad better than Race 07 with similar frame rates at 1080P. Good selection of tracks. Car and track mods freely available. Cars skinnable. Might buy this one at some point anyway, just for fun.

AC: FFB is okay and easy to set up but sometimes lets go a bit suddenly. Probably some way to turn that into a more gradual traction loss feeling, haven't found it yet. Graphics pretty, but demanding on system GPU. AI need a really good processor or you can't race them. Freely available car and track mods. Regular updates. Cars skinnable. No Mini. :confused:

They seem to be the only competition as I wouldn't touch iRacing again with somebody else's 10 foot barge pole. :sick:

EDIT: Apparently @Jim Brailsford disagrees with my whole post :roflmao: Go on, Jim, tell us what you really think. ;)

Last edited:
I've been trying rF2 all weekend. The FFB took a LOT of tuning to get to grips with and the Civic in the demo is, frankly, a bit pants. They also have no Mini. The graphics are no better than Race 07.
I like 07, in fact I donwloaded it again because of this thread, looking forward to racing with you guys but if you say that rf2 looks the same as 07, your doing something wrong with rf2 settings.:)

My wife is worried what is happening to me, because now I spent all evenings with her and not with my G27.. Plus she is worried why I'm looking for the new PC.. Hmmm.. I'm totally lost without R07 :cry: It's just not me.. :speechless:

Hmmm, what's on steam cheap for some quick thrills?
I play Battlefield BC2 but my K/D ratio is so bad I get depressed and have to quit take breaks

Borderlands, maybe? Unfortunately, it's not included in Steam's Halloween sale, so you might wanna go third party as the regular price is a bit steep.

Non-shooter-wise, let's check my current steam favorites..

• Telltale's adventure games, maybe? The Walking Dead, The Wolf among us - both included in the sale
  • I personally find ETS2 to be a very relaxing game - might be a matter of personal taste, but at least it's about driving :D (once again, not cheap, but there are 3rd party shops)
  • My latest acquisition would be Year Walk, included in the sale, a quite weird adventure-mystery-pointNclick-horror-mashup loosely(?) based on swedish folklore - I've only just put an hour into it but I like what I saw :)
Other than these, you can always check https://steamdb.info/sales/ and sort the list based on the metacritic score (last column) to find some cheap gems :)

Last edited:
R3E is the one I've got the nearest to feeling 'right' so far, but they have no servers for Club Racing and no championship mode in single player - it's pretty much a tech demo with online (alpha) multiplayer against randoms. :( It does look better than Race 07 though but it has NO MINI.

I can run rF2 maxed out at 90+fps and it looks no better than race 07 maxed out, imho. Yes, there may be minor differences, but it just doesn't have that 'next gen' wow factor. It has club racing servers but also has NO MINI.

Assetto Corsa looks superb, runs at around 100fps in High settings and the handling is okay-ish. I don't think theyt've got the FFB right yet. It feels too heavy in the corners at times,even though it's not clipping (I checked). It has Club Racing servers, but it has NO MINI.

So, what I want to know is, what's wrong with these game designers and what have they got against MINIs? :roflmao:

I am really missing the club mini racing. I don't do leagues because I'm a chatterbox and racing in total silence makes me edgy and unhappy. I love WTCC club racing too, but there doesn't seem to be any of that outside of Race 07. I am trying all these other racing games but none of them do what Race 07 does. They can all cover bits of it, but none of them are the complete package for tin-top racers.:(

If Dennis wants to move our Mini Fridays to GSCE I'd be happy to buy it for that one race per week with all of you, but otherwise it also just doesn't do what I want. (It works out at less than £18/$27 for Premium Members if my maths is right)

@Dennis Phelan : I have around 150 Steam games, some better than others, if you throw some games out I can offer an opinion on any I own. I have no idea what you are looking for in a game outside of Racing since we've never chatted about that. :coffee:

Race 07 will never be dead ;) my friends and i use tunngle to race online...tunngle is a free app that let users enter rooms for lan races and there is one for race 07...pratically like hamachi but specific for games...it's like racing online but instead of selecting online you select lan in the multiplayer menù...so probably i will never exchange R07 for other racing games...probably the only one i real like is R3E but i don't like the fact people are always running on free content so the track is always the same...quite boring after sometimes...

@Connor Caple in the rF1 HistorX club we have mini's :roflmao:
Six different ones at that and we drive them regularily since the races are close & fun. We also have a Twini Mini, an AWD Mini with a second engine in the back, for good measure.
@Connor Caple So, what I want to know is, what's wrong with these game designers and what have they got against TWINI-MINIs? :D
We also have 3 different versions of Abarth Cinquecentos, if you would like some RR with your FF. Just sayin' ;).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back