1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

It's on sale should I buy it?

Discussion in 'American Truck Simulator' started by Kenny Paton, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Given my race pace I'm tempted by this, is it worth it and is it easy enough with a G25 considering all the buttons needed. Oh and did I mention my short term memory loss regarding said buttons.:)

2. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium Member

If you are happy to install mods then yes otherwise you might find the content a bit thin. You can use the keyboard okay for functions (or the G25 shifter buttons) but I think a button box is best.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium Member

I used to drive Euro Truck Sim 2 (which is very much the same experience as far as button setup goes) on a G27 for a while. You can and it's perfectly OK, but be warned, you'll probably end up getting at least a few button boxes, an SKRS 18-speed Eaton Fuller style shifter knob, some sort of parkingbrake device, a tablet to use as a gps/dash, a Track Clip Pro and naturally a larger size rim for your G25, just to mention a few gadgets you "can't live without". Oh, and you don't have to worry about your race pace no more, cause you simply won't have time left to race when you're delivering cargo to exotic locations while thinking of a new gadget that will take your career as a virtual trucker to the next level ;)

Don't ask... :D

Seriously, you'll probably get away just fine with the G25 using the keyboard for the rest of the buttons.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I have the main buttons on my tx wheel and the side buttons like engine start handbrake on the keyboard. You'll be fine Kenneth

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

Thanks gentlemen. Keep on trucking:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Or save your money for THIS--->

I know...off-topic......i am soooooo bad...;) ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

If that only costs £9 I'm in:whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  8. They ought to to put in one of those plastic steering wheels you can attach to a child's carseat to up the immersion for the passenger.

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

BUY IT :D :D :D :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium Member

There's a free ATS demo on their Steam store page. Why not give it a try? The demo contains a lot of content compared to most demos. I've been trying it the past few days with my G27 and leaning towards buying the full game now.

• Like Like x 1