Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
CVG had the following to report about GRID 2. Seems that after many years a sequel is in the making.
Race Driver: GRID released way back in 2008 and people liked it. A lot. So where the bloody hell's the sequel? It's coming, according to the Official Xbox Magazine UK.

The rumours page of the latest issue of OXM gives GRID fans a new reason to be excited. "The GRID team at Codemasters is actively working on GRID 2," says the magazine. "It's likely to arrive after the release of F1 2012."

F1 2012 is expected to hit shops in September, so it's possible Codies could be eyeing a late 2012 release for the currently unannounced sequel.
There have been whispers of a GRID 2 stretching back to 2010, so an announcement is overdue. But with Codemasters having recently made the shift to a dedicated racing development studio, we wouldn't be surprised to hear something more concrete soon.
Source: CVG

If it wasn't for GRID I'd never have got into sim racing. Like Bram, I have fond memories of night after night serious races (with touring as the other cars in grid were pretty poor) with comrades for well over 2 years. Was an amazing experience. If GRID 2 can reproduce that feeling and all my old buddies show up again, it will be hard to resist, sim or not.

The only problem is that game had some real psychos on there, and if you were fast (not just a noob arcade racer) they would scream cheat night after night, there is even forums and facebook pages dedicated to this stuff for these weirdos who cheat and try to ruin the races every night. Every now and then a few send me messages on FB just to talk about how i cheated and still try to get my attention and i haven't even played GRID in 12 months!

One guy would just come into a lobby and spam chat for 30 minutes every night going "hahahaha hahahaha" thats all he did - every night.

A weird crowd in that game!

Grid the original was one of the hardest sims there ever was. No matter the settings you had one false slip and your toast.... just like it should be.

When I got done with my last seat Grid was one of the first games I played and after all this time don't ya know it was still fun as hell and after damn near every race you needed a break to collect yourself and to me that's why we have the passion and if 2 is as good as the original yes it is a must have and long over due.

Grid the original was one of the hardest sims there ever was. No matter the settings you had one false slip and your toast.... just like it should be.

When I got done with my last seat Grid was one of the first games I played and after all this time don't ya know it was still fun as hell and after damn near every race you needed a break to collect yourself and to me that's why we have the passion and if 2 is as good as the original yes it is a must have and long over due.

Ha-ha, what? You sure you got the right game here? In no way was GRID a sim. Even with assists off it felt truly awful in sim terms. With assists on, which was the norm in this game, you could do things to those cars that would shock a prostitute.

The good thing about GRID was touring and a nightly 5 lap session we used to run with the fastest racers. You could have some very hard races on touring. By the end of the games life, some of us were very, very fast. That was why it was special, not a sim at all, but it was well balanced racing fun that still took a certain type of skill to win.

Here's a race between myself and another great touring racer from GRID. In a good race and lots of slip you could get 1:56 there, tough some people would think you cheat if you got one...

and PB hotlap on Spa:

Just look at those physics! :laugh:

you mean the track lines? Yep, was common for these cuts in GRID. Really wasn't anyone in that game not cutting these corners, absolutely everyone did it online and it was totally accepted as OK by the community because it was too hard to police it. Please don't think I'm some cheater cutter :)

You just had to drive Spa like that and see it as how the track was in that game. I'm so used to it in GRID as the "natural" racing line that when you posted what you did, i didn't understand what you meant for 20 seconds about even cutting!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back