1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misc It's about to rain weather type mod. 1.0

Rainy looking weather mod.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

Looks like a cold,moisty morning...awesome!!:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cool I´ll give it a try :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Damien Wintz

Damien Wintz
    Premium Member

Perfect for Silverstone :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Bernd Graf

Bernd Graf
    Premium Member

Doesn't look too terribly bad w.o. HDR enabled either, but it looks the best with it enabled. For a mod it does a good job of giving a wintry overcast sky essential for replicating the TopGear race around Imola against the Stig...it simply wasn't done with the sun shining bright!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bernd Graf

Bernd Graf
    Premium Member

After 10+ hours of testing with it, I definitely approve. This is a very nice mod. Some drawbacks to be aware of:

Use will cause all showroom lighting effects to either darken or disappear
    Can impact shadow behavior in-game and/or res.

These are minor consequences for the effect it brings. I hope team Kunos brings something similar to the game in 1.0, definitely stands as one of the many levels in a dynamic weather setting I would certainly like to see.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh snap, I haven't thought about that but I don't notice any shadow issues.

I'm pretty sure they will add something like this because the weather system is already there + with the dev kind of tools they can make it look even better so why not ?

8. Bernd Graf

Bernd Graf
    Premium Member

Yeah, the shadow issues really aren't issues...they are so minor that I couldn't find a word small enough for them, lol. What it was was in certain replays, the shadows underneath the chassis sort of morphed, got very small or didn't look like shadows for a brief moment. To be fair though, there were some minor shadows issues with the regular weather installed, so it really isn't a problem :)

• Like Like x 1