Italy: FTS again fails to turn strong performance into race result

ita_pushing_too_hard_white.jpg

For the second race in succession, Faster Than Speed ended its weekend prematurely despite showing very strong potential in testing, Qualifying and the opening laps of the race.

Patrick De Wit showed the FTS-P11 had the pace at the Monza circuit, before retiring from the Italian GP after a spin on lap 11, while he was driving in 5th place.

In the World Championship division, Patrick De Wit set the 3rd fastest time in the Q1 session, lapping just over a tenth of a second slower than fastest man Bono Huis. In the Q2 top-ten Pole shootout, Patrick was unable to repeat his strong lap and qualified 10th on the grid.

Patrick again made a strong start, winning 4 places in the first chicane to move up to 6th place. Before finishing the first lap, he was able to overtake Yannick Lapchin in the entry to the famous Parabolica corner. Starting lap 2, Patrick was very attentive to avoid Morris, who completely overshot his braking into Turn 1. However, it lost him touch with 4th placed Mikkonen.

From 5th place, Patrick was lapping consistently, trying to stay in touch with the leaders while building a gap to the drivers battling behind. However, he again paid a high price for pushing too hard, as he slightly overdid it exiting the second Lesmo corner on lap 11, losing control of his car and ending his Italian race in the barriers.

Patrick De Wit (DNF): "Again went with ease into Q2, but I messed up my Q2 lap and ended up 10th on the grid. The start was good, went from 10th to 5th during the first lap. That was the highlight of my race. Then on lap 11, again touched the grass by millimetres and race over again. Well, onto Suzuka."

Faster Than Speed now moves to the Suzuka circuit, home of the Japanese GP. In 2008, Florian Pechon took the WS Advanced victory for FTS at the legendary venue. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and live coverage from Japan!

Exclusive pictures and videos available in our Facebook page! Also, don't miss our live Twitter (@FTS_Racing) coverage of the WC races!

Faster Than Speed
Press Release
http://www.fts-racing.net

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back