"It sounds good in my head, so please make it happen Kunos" thread

Do you have awesomely amazing ideas about what we NEED in order for AC to be a proper sim? This is the thread for you!!!!
Do you think that Kunos should hire a bunch of track makers and release a track pack dlc even though you have no clue of how finances or things such as that actually work in the real world? This is your thread.

Seriously, getting tired of seeing every thread that pops up about anything ending up being edited to near nothingness by the devs because everybody seems to want to post what they want/need rather than stay on topic. Here is the thread to post whatever it is that you want/need/must have in AC.

I have spoken with Kunos and I can promise you that every suggestion in this thread will be given the consideration that it deserves. (or more!)

Fire Away!!!!!

Last edited:
More tracks. I know pushing out new cars is much cheaper but the track selection isnt that great. I am not a big drifter, but a few more fictional drifting tracks would already help some.

Special spectator slot(s) online. Maybe just one for broadcast's. Now you'll always see 1 car in the pit.

A less abrupt teleport to the pits after finishing a race. Maybe a longer fade in and out with some race statistics.

Laps remaining in the server list. As far as I know I can only see time remaining.

Different hand animations. The hands don't look to actually grip the steeringwheel and shifting animations have some weird thumb action.

More realistic transmission sounds.

Last edited:
After the latest 1.14 update, I have to be honest....i don't know where else to go with this sim. It's as complete as any sim on the market....ok, it's actually the most complete.

I'll update my wishlist after this 1.14 update to be:
1)more realistic car contact sounds and tire sounds (slicks)
2)more tracks

Otherwise....i dunno man.....dang this sim is good.

My ultimate wishlist. Some of this isn't possible right now, but I do think it's worth listing things for the future as you never know what will change in the future. It's also a lot. This isn't a "I want this NOW Kunos!" post because that's nonsense. But I'm sure the team does look at the forums, so it's worth listing everything we want because some of it might be possible and easy, or it might become possible in the future.

I feel the biggest problem with the majority of racing games is they don't simulate a racing series anymore. These individual cars are brilliant, but I miss the days of doing full championships.

WEC
Some LMP2s to mix the LMP1s with
Le Mans

Blancpain/VLN
Bentley Continental GT3
BMW M6 GT3 (Maybe the GTE variant too)
Misano
Zolder
Hungaroring

TCR
They're basically all the same, but I'd love a TCR grid. Audi, SEAT, VW, Alfa etc. That'd be amazing touring car fun.

Features
Night Racing
Class scoring
Rain (i know some people don't like it, but it's amazing when doing an offline championship)
Choosing liveries online
Manual race starts
Full championship simulation with chosen liveries, drivers, stats, etc

I'm well aware this is a big ask, and probably most of it isn't possible to AC2. But AC2 will hopefully come one day, and I hope these features arrive with it. I think AC is the best simulation we have right now, but it does lack the good old fashioned offline career/championship mode. This is what pCARS was good at (shame the rest of the X1 version was a disaster).

Add to my wishlist:

- Rain in particular is SO important. I would drive in rain ALL DAY. I love these demanding conditions, that's why I set grip to Optimum/Fast normally and join optimum grip MP servers
- Support for real HARDCORE ENDURANCE 24h racing. I usually do 3 lap quick races, cos I flip my sh*t if I spin on 5th lap but I really need this endurance thing

- More official tracks (laserscanned or not)
- Include RSR, Minorating, SRS and Helicorsa as official content, with these features for everyone, including consoles, Assetto will be a stronger contender on all plataforms.
- Think more of a full series when releasing new cars. Its kinda frustrating to get cars from the same class that raced in different years

Give sequential cars proper(real) cluch use and remove auto-blip/lift from those that don't have in reality.

I really don't get. Since first day that devs say that their primary focus was on how cars drive acording to their real counterparts and its true for modern gear pad cars and h-shifter ones. But old seq gear cars like MC12 and porsche GT1 have imposed arcade shifting by game design. This is not a small feature. Its something that already exist on most cars and is changing completely how these cars should be driven. Like on every other car, if someone don't wan't it, could disable it on realism options.
GT1 cars are suposed to be much more raw with an old driving style. much much diferent from modern GT3s and that isn't hapening on assetto Corsa.

My wishlist is mainly about graphics:
  • Reworked cameras: add a lag to the camera movement to make it more natural. With good cameras AC would look even better.
  • Animated objects/public around the track: would add a bit of liveliness to the tracks.
  • Sparks: because sparks.
Then my dreamlist:
  • Damage: yes I would like some parts to come off the car in case of big collision, like wings and bumpers.
  • Dirt accumulating outside of the best line, with bits of rubber etc.

Last, the forbidden dream:
  • Changing weather conditions, with sky getting cloudy, rain, track drying up, etc.
  • Night.

- Integrate a system like SRS (Sim Racing System) + Minorrating into the base game
-Rolling Starts
-Steam Workshop for mods, setups,skins,...
-navigate ui using your wheels buttons
-Online Leader-boards like RSR Live Timing does

This sounds good in my head but my head doesn't always sound good to others.
*Protest icon next to each name (like kick icon) in MP. - No time limit like kick vote. When player collects certain % of protests during the session, he is kicked.
*All votes (kick, next, restart) show the names of participants. Example- SomeName voted restart session, SomeOtherName voted YES, YetAnotherName voted NO
*Skins exchange system
*Voice chat
-like in one other sim, you can choose to use it or not. Providers can charge extra like they do for certain plugins.

VR friendly cameras would be cool. Ones that don't spin around, some in the grandstands, marshals positions. It would also be nice to decide when to change the camera with a button press. Quite often when you watch a car go past you're looking the opposite way when you jump to the next camera, then you look back as the car is passing and basically miss it and get jumped to the next camera, they're just not designed with VR in mind.

Since the AI is in really good position there's one more thing that needs solving for offline races which is - penalties!

Lifting off penalty is just bad, especially where the issue is not particularly our fault (contact prior to going off the track should be ignored when not gaining time overall in sector) or we'll go just that bit too deep into the corner and slightly cut it - bang 15s slowdown.

PLP got it covered reasonably well, there are conversions of it floating around with some fixes with delta comparisons (I think) and stuff that penalise you only when you're exceeding track limits to your advantage. Otherwise you're penilising yourself by losing time anyway :)

I think AC has come on leaps and bounds and ive been impressed with the latest AI changes. If I was to pick out a few things that I think AC could do with, then this is my list...

- Minorating integrated (call it ACRating)
- More laser scanned tracks
- Warm up lap
- Rolling starts
- Rain?
- No throttle cut slowdown penalty - drive through or stop and go.
- Brake temp / fade for the rest of the cars
- Brake disc glow, depending on actual brake temperatures
- Some kind of online custom livery system, either by downloading them and using a MD5 system or an actual sharing system.
- Top of the screen info bar (which I generally dont like) always blocks brake bias changes. Brake bias should always "win" and stop the black info bar from appearing.

As a guy that mostly plays for club racing and leagues, I'd say a pit limiter functionnality would be welcome, as well as an integration of rolling starts/warm up laps.

Others subjects have been quite discussed and I am only interested in new/more tracks, but it's quite understandable why it is hard to get more. Kunos has been doing a great job until now to make this sim enjoyable and quite complete, so I'll keep supporting them.

I see some really nice suggestions in here. :thumbsup:
Even if i dont play AC so much as i did because of my Raceroom club racing, i like the progress Kunos team makes and thats why i keep support them with purchasing all the DLC's.
I dont know if somebody else said it, but i need a save option between practice, qualy and race at SP, i hate it everytime i have to restart all of them if for some reason i have to quit.

For me to fully enjoy this sim at the moment:
  • Manual pit limiter with penalties
  • Engine start and ignition with anti-stall system where applicable like rFactor 2
  • Proper penalties and flag rules
  • Multi-page MDF display, rFactor 2, R3E style
  • Warning/information at the top takes too much space for no reason, affects rear-view mirror position, which blocks the view. Other sims have better implementation for informing driver.
  • Remove the guy standing next to my car and tire change animation, they look stupid and completely useless. rFactor 2 and R3E have better pit stops.
  • Remove/fix "autohandrake"/zero speed bug, let the cars roll. Not even PCARS have this.
Maybe warm up lap and rolling start. Don't really use it that much in other sims. Don't care about weather or night racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back