F1 2010 Istanbul - Turkey (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
(TPR Inertia) Istanbul lap record

Type: Hotlap Car: Mclaren Time:1.20.1 run by UsR deano, Ive run a few 19s with it but still haven't managed to hit one certified yet

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 6
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 52 - R 48
Pressure: high
Brake Size: small

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 100 - R 0
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4

Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 92 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 113 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 134 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 155 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 177 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 198 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 222 mph

Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: N/A

Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

Enjoy :)

GREAT setup..this gave me a 1.26.3 in season 1 for Williams.

Maybe it is more my driving style but I basicly use brams setup but with the brake banalce more to the rear and the ballast distribution also to the rear. As this really helps improve the turn in for me. It allows me to turn in under braking which helps me greatly in corner 1 and 3/4 where I could otherwise not get a good turn in as braking would cause my car to go into understeer.

Maybe it is my weird driving style but where most people seem to favor a ballast to the front I prefer it more to the rear as said it improves turning in and stability. (more weight at front = more force needed to turn = harder to turn the corner).

But basicly I used a tweaked version of sam peacocks setup, changed the front/rear ballast and braking and took easily a few seconds of my time and won the race in my carreer mode (driving for mercedes on my second season after a good first season (winning a few races with the lotus on legend).

Istanbul - Turkey (Dry)

Ok, this is a career setup. Lets just say as soon as I found this setup I did P1 in Q3 in a Lotus, First Season career and had consistant laps until the tires wore down. I've struggled to make any real good laps on any track until now. I play legend mode with no assist what so ever, to top that off I like to add my own difficulty of Parc Ferme and not change things once Q1 starts.

Lap Time (Career Lotus): 1:28:019
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 2

Braking
Balance: F 51% - R 49%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: N/A

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 20% - R 80%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9

Gearbox
Gear 1: 138 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 168 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 197 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 231 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 266 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 304 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 344 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: High
Fuel: 5 Laps

AlignmentCamber front: -1.40
Camber rear: -2.90
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear: 0.20
Nice setup, lap time 1.28.900 P7 in Q2, (it was rainning in Q3),
1st season career with lotus, Throttle map standard (I don't have the fast one yet), option tyres, 5 laps fuel.
PC, wheel, expert (no assist, legend ai)
Thanks nice work ;-)

Was a bit of a guess and go setup but I got it goin pretty fast. Was good for a 1:23.4 with mistakes in TT, a clean lap would put me in the 1:22s. I think I can improve the setup, will probably post an update tomorrow or something.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 3

Braking

Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Brake Size: Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 2

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8

Gearbox

Gear 1: 145
Gear 2: 179
Gear 3: 211
Gear 4: 244
Gear 5: 280
Gear 6: 316
Gear 7: 354

Engine

Fuel: I was in TT

Alignment

Camber front: -1.5
Camber rear: -3.5
Toe front: 0.05
Toe rear: 0.2

It's actually not that great of a setup I don't think, but it was fast for some reason.

BTW, what's the #1 time on the leaderboard? (I can't see cause I'm using a..umm..different version of F1 2010 until I get the proper one)

Great setup I did a 1:23.1 During the race, in time trial i'm sure i can knock a few off....with an xbox 360 controller BTW

(TPR Inertia) Istanbul lap record

Type: Hotlap Car: Mclaren Time:1.20.1 run by UsR deano, Ive run a few 19s with it but still haven't managed to hit one certified yet
Those times are awesome, but hard to believe, sorry.

1:20.1xx would put you on top 1 position (legitimate) at Istanbul leaderboard PS3.

Do you have videos of your hot laps?, I'd appreciate you posting those (hopefully with screen info on), since I need to learn how to improve my own times.

I used this setup for Turkey got pole and won the race, it worked so well I thought I would try it at other tracks just adjusting gears and wing to suit the individual circuit. It really does seem to work as I have notched up 5 more victories. I am in career mode with Williams AI on professional, assists are TC medium, manual gears and brakes, but it should not really matter what your preference is as the car will still handle well. Up to this point I was struggling to get in the points so give it a go it might work for you as it did for me and if you think about it the F1 teams don’t actually alter their cars much from one track to the next just fine tune them suit each track once they have good setup.
I have left out gears as this will be car and person preferred and will differ from car to car, I have left wings in so you can see you need one more on the front than the rear but remember you need to tune your aero to your gears.
I will only post the Turkey setup rather than all my individual setups.
Platform is PC.
Just won pole at Hockenhiem with 1:19.1 and then breezed to a win.

Car Williams

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 4
Braking
Balance: F 51% - R x49%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R x40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 7
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 85 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 108 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 130 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 152 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 172 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 194 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 214 mph
Engine
Throttle map: normal
Fuel: on
Alignment
Camber front: 1.1
Camber rear: 3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

I used this setup for Turkey got pole and won the race, it worked so well I thought I would try it at other tracks just adjusting gears and wing to suit the individual circuit. It really does seem to work as I have notched up 5 more victories. I am in career mode with Williams AI on professional, assists are TC medium, manual gears and brakes, but it should not really matter what your preference is as the car will still handle well. Up to this point I was struggling to get in the points so give it a go it might work for you as it did for me and if you think about it the F1 teams don’t actually alter their cars much from one track to the next just fine tune them suit each track once they have good setup.
I have left out gears as this will be car and person preferred and will differ from car to car, I have left wings in so you can see you need one more on the front than the rear but remember you need to tune your aero to your gears.
I will only post the Turkey setup rather than all my individual setups.
Platform is PC.
Just won pole at Hockenhiem with 1:19.1 and then breezed to a win.

Car Williams

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 4
Braking
Balance: F 51% - R x49%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R x40%
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: normal
Fuel: on
Alignment
Camber front: 1.1
Camber rear: 3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

Gear ratios would be ideal.....

I can do gear ratios as well but you might find a Lotus will differ slightly, some people like higher staight line speed or higher downforce through corners and lower top speed, what i was trying to give was a good setup that would work on any track but needed fine tuning on gears and aero only depending on driving style and car type. I think this is where people get disappointed when they try someone elses setup and it doesn't work for them. But I am here to help so if people want my aero and gears as well I will post them on the setups page but it may take a while as I dont get much time. This has made a real big difference to my enjoyment of the game and I will be stepping up the difficulty levels now.

I can do gear ratios as well but you might find a Lotus will differ slightly, some people like higher staight line speed or higher downforce through corners and lower top speed, what i was trying to give was a good setup that would work on any track but needed fine tuning on gears and aero only depending on driving style and car type. I think this is where people get disappointed when they try someone elses setup and it doesn't work for them. But I am here to help so if people want my aero and gears as well I will post them on the setups page but it may take a while as I dont get much time. This has made a real big difference to my enjoyment of the game and I will be stepping up the difficulty levels now.

A list of ratios is needed in all honesty, if they want to tweak them they can do, I used ramons melbourne setup and tweaked them as the ratios were too long for that type of circuit and it improved my times a lot.

It would also be interesting to see your ratios as there are a few setups for turkey that could be compared.

Ok Jason, original post has been edited to include gears. Keep a check on the other circuits and I will post full setups when I can. Obviously I only started this at Turkey and I am now at Hockenhiem so it will take a while to come full circle as I am in carreer mode. I can do the ones I have already raced quite quickly.

A list of ratios is needed in all honesty, if they want to tweak them they can do, I used ramons melbourne setup and tweaked them as the ratios were too long for that type of circuit and it improved my times a lot.

It would also be interesting to see your ratios as there are a few setups for turkey that could be compared.

jnl.42s set up i got 1:26.686 on the preset setup i got 1:26.887 slight improvment. i beleave it is the wight distrbution thats hindering better times i will change it and let you know.well as far as the first setup the car needs to stay low 1 or 2 seting is fine but 3 is a little to high on this track most of the turns are down hill so it would benafit the pilot if you put the ballast up front like 60 40. loosen up the springs to gain a little more control and tyre life this set up forces the car /ie/ rape lol the car should handdle bacause it wants to not because you force it to.This reaks havick on the pilot and makes laps unconsistant.oluckysodo's set is pritty good as well. not much left to do but feel it out and make the changes in the gearset and allinment and your off. Thanks for the setups guys and girls. good luck racing!!!

Ok Jason, original post has been edited to include gears. Keep a check on the other circuits and I will post full setups when I can. Obviously I only started this at Turkey and I am now at Hockenhiem so it will take a while to come full circle as I am in carreer mode. I can do the ones I have already raced quite quickly.

Not bad, not mastered these lines yet but its pretty decent, I did tweak the run in and gears a little, it didnt want to run in as much as id like, especially in S2 :)

Doh, i though i posted this setup already a long time ago but appereantly i forgot :) oh well, here it is

Car
McLaren
Aerodynamics
Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Balance
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9
Gearbox
Gear 1: 161 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 196 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 229 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 263 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 298 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 332 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 369 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Fuel: n/a
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.40
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.47

Doh, i though i posted this setup already a long time ago but appereantly i forgot :) oh well, here it is

Car
McLaren
Aerodynamics
Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Balance