Istanbul Park is set to return

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
This week, Bernie and FIA members are in Istanbul for the end of season awards and FIA meetings. Istanbul Park's new owner, Vural Ak made a new pre-agreement with Ecclestone which will let this great track to return to the calendar of 2013 season. Date is expected to be 21-23 July.

The new owner of the track is a motorhead (Vural Ak). He has a vast sports car collection, a really rich man. He wants to bring life to the track which stays empty for 365 days! :thumbsdown: He will built off-road and karting tracks around Istanbul Park. Also a fair with rollar coasters. And he will organize common-people race events. Also the track is planned to be made available to public just like Nordschliefe.

Only thing remains before it is becoming official is our prime minister's approval. He and Bernie will meet at the FIA awards ceremony. I pray it will be a positive meeting :)

I would share the sources, if not all of them were Turkish :D

Notice the "Reserved for another European event* spot at the calendar ;)
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2012/12/14150.html

Brilliant! I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Turkey is definately in the top three best ever F1 tracks..some amazing corners and really flowing aswell. Its a shame the crowd isnt that big but I'm still really glad it could be making a return.

Brilliant! I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Turkey is definately in the top three best ever F1 tracks..some amazing corners and really flowing aswell. Its a shame the crowd isnt that big but I'm still really glad it could be making a return.

While i agree its an awesome track not sure its in my top 3....but it would be high in the list of all time tracks :)

Will this be a one-off or regular spot? Cause with New Jersey AND Russia coming in the next few seasons some tracks will have to go. I'd get rid of hungary and bahrain....while they are at it get rid of valencia anol :p

Yep, doesn't look like it may come back after all. However, since the government refuses to give any funding to it, then if they find funding from private investors there may still be a chance(and perhaps its only chance at coming back).

Since the beginning, because of the low-rate attandance and some commercial mistakes the government could not benefited from the track. So this year they rented the track to Vural Ak to compensate the losses, now he wants money from the government. :O_o:

Even tough there might be a very very tiny chance which Ak might pay it all by himself or find another supporter, without the government's help, it's hopeless...

Anyway, Austria would be great too! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing