Issues

Now, ive not played racer in about 2 years, so, the last version i would of run was about 0.7.8 or something...

Now, ive downloaded the latest Racer, aswell as an Old version of racer (0.8.8 and 0.8.5)

Both games load, but brings me a black screen after its loaded the game start.

QLOG shows...

Sun Feb 07 17:21:05 (INFO): --- application start ---
Sun Feb 07 17:21:05 (ERR): DFBOTexture; frameBuffer status not complete (Unsupported framebuffer format)
Sun Feb 07 17:21:07 (WARN): DFBOTexture: your hardware only supports 8 samples; reducing requested 16
Im using an XFX Nvidia 7900GS Card, had it for about 3 years and ive never had any issues with older versions of racer.

ive downloaded the DLL pack off racer.nl and still nothing, is there anything else i need?

The "WARN" is the problem, I think - even though Racer says it's reducing 16 to 8, it doesn't manage it.

In racer.ini the mirror has "fbo_samples=16" in 0.8.5 as far as I know, which needs to be reduced to 8 (it's fine with even less, the mirror just looks less nice. I use 2).

Or your card might just not support FBO methods enough, you have to adjust this in racer.ini motion_blur {} section. Try setting method=0 (drastic measure, turns off all fbo use which may look bad), or samples=0. The auto_exposure can also be a problem, I'd set that to enable=0.

Cheers for that, it Seems the problem was "method=4" under motion blur, i set it to 1 (Open GL) and it loaded a treat! Still a couple of issues on some tracks regarding Alpha transparency by the looks of it, Carlswood being the main suspect.

RACER does not recognize my wheel/pedals controller ( a Guillemot Thrustmaster Ferrari GT experience) in Linux (Ubuntu 9.04), although the systems sees it ok. with jscalibrator.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years