1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Issues with rFactor F1 1985 & F1 1988

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Rick King, Mar 31, 2011.

  1. Greetings:

    I spent a lot of time searching through the forums to make sure this issue I am having has not already been addressed. If I missed it elsewhere, please let me know and point me in the right direction.

    I am having major problems with the two above mentioned mods (F1 1985 & 1988). I have about every major sim out there and have never really had major problems learning to drive new cars.

    However, I get erratic throttle behavour from these two mods. The acceleration is open or won't move. I managed to get Silverstone 88 (I think) to work pretty good because it is an open track. I have checked every setting I can think of and tried modifying my controller and setups.

    What am I missing or doing wrong?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. These mods are so awesome and I would really like to have fun driving them. Right now I am frustrated.
     
  2. Have you tried other cars? Are you using different controller settings with these cars to others? If so try other cars using exactly the some controller config etc. I am thinking that it may be a problem with the configuration of your pedals.
     
  3. What do you mean when you say the acceleration is "open or won't move"? Could you explain exactly what happens?
     
  4. Greetings:

    I appreciate your responses.

    I tried everything that I could think of and nothing worked.

    By chance, I used a test player that I had created with a different .PLR file. This player worked fine. That told me that it must be something to do with my normal player.

    Long story short, I had made changes to the .PLR files as discribed in many forums and even in several MOD Readme files. These changes worked fine on all MODS except F1 85 & F1 88. I changed the .PLR file back to default and they work fine.

    My ONLY reason for the change was in an attempt to correct the ill behavior of the AI's. I think the problem is hard coded in the rFactor.exe file. I have AI drivers crashing into me all the time. I guess I will just have to live with it to get performance from the MODS.

    BTW, I am new on the forum and I already really like the entire web site.

    Cheers! :)