Issues with rFactor F1 1985 & F1 1988

Greetings:

I spent a lot of time searching through the forums to make sure this issue I am having has not already been addressed. If I missed it elsewhere, please let me know and point me in the right direction.

I am having major problems with the two above mentioned mods (F1 1985 & 1988). I have about every major sim out there and have never really had major problems learning to drive new cars.

However, I get erratic throttle behavour from these two mods. The acceleration is open or won't move. I managed to get Silverstone 88 (I think) to work pretty good because it is an open track. I have checked every setting I can think of and tried modifying my controller and setups.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. These mods are so awesome and I would really like to have fun driving them. Right now I am frustrated.

Have you tried other cars? Are you using different controller settings with these cars to others? If so try other cars using exactly the some controller config etc. I am thinking that it may be a problem with the configuration of your pedals.

Greetings:

I appreciate your responses.

I tried everything that I could think of and nothing worked.

By chance, I used a test player that I had created with a different .PLR file. This player worked fine. That told me that it must be something to do with my normal player.

Long story short, I had made changes to the .PLR files as discribed in many forums and even in several MOD Readme files. These changes worked fine on all MODS except F1 85 & F1 88. I changed the .PLR file back to default and they work fine.

My ONLY reason for the change was in an attempt to correct the ill behavior of the AI's. I think the problem is hard coded in the rFactor.exe file. I have AI drivers crashing into me all the time. I guess I will just have to live with it to get performance from the MODS.

BTW, I am new on the forum and I already really like the entire web site.

Cheers! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing