1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Issues with G.I.D

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by WellerMan, Jun 7, 2017.

1. WellerMan

WellerMan

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, installed GID today for AMS using the patched version. The HUD itself works fine, I can customize all of the widgets etc., but for some reason, i'm getting massive FPS drops.
    Prior to this I was running the game maxed out at around 200, and according to shadowplay, because my steam FPS will no longer show up in-game, i'm getting 15-20 FPS. I'm running the game with the SweetFX fix at 1920x1080 and in borderless windowed.
    Help is appreciated, thanks.

2. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
    Try deleting (back it up first) your 'Automobilista' folder in your Documents folder, and try again. It will recreate a new one when you run AMS again.

3. Lorencini

Lorencini

Ratings:
    +259
    From my own experience, GID would only work properly if you open Steam > Library, and start AMS from there.

If you use the desktop shortcut, or try to run AMS.exe directly, GID will drop FPS hard (my rig went down to 30 fps in pit lane!)

4. WellerMan

WellerMan

Ratings:
    +0
    That worked perfectly, thanks dude!
    Also, is there a way to turn off the map in the spectator menu, or entirely for that matter, it kinda gets in the way.

5. BillGuy

BillGuy

Ratings:
    +2
    My GID installation ceased functioning completely with the 1.4 update. I can no longer bring up either the HUD or the map overlay. I've tried to bring up both these items in practice, qualifying, and race sessions. I tried in both garage and cockpit views in practice and qualifying. I simply get nothing on screen from GID and nothing when I hit Ctrl+Space or NumPad 0 keys.

6. WellerMan

WellerMan

Ratings:
    +0
    I read something a while back that said GID required a fresh install after every update, something to do with a file being replaced in the main directory, but from what I've seen, every update breaks the GID install, so try re-installing.

7. Richard8746

Richard8746

Ratings:
    +1
    Some updates and verifying integrity of game files replace GID's d3d9.dll (716KB) with the original d3d9.dll for DynHUD (147KB). This disables GID.
    I use Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler to quickly put back the GID version.

8. BillGuy

BillGuy

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks WellerMan and Richard8746 for the advice. It looks like the d3d9.dll being "put back" to the original was indeed the issue. This would make sense as I believe I first installed GID with one of the early 1.3.x versions of AMS. So the v1.4 update was the first major update my GID installation would have gone through.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WellerMan

WellerMan

Ratings:
    +0
    What files do you have in the MODS folder in your JSGME, I can't get a combination that allows sweetFX to run without the game crashing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WellerMan

WellerMan

Ratings:
    +0
    What files do you have in the MODS folder in your JSGME, I can't get a combination that allows sweetFX to run without the game crashing.

11. Richard8746

Richard8746

Ratings:
    +1
    I've just two - neither of these have affected sweetFX, as far as I know. What do you have in your MODS folder?

1. Modified car camera files
    These files have a longer draw distance to prevent scenery popups on some long straights.
    LODMultiplier=(3.00000)
    Here's one example for Formula Vintage.
    AMSBeta\MODS\CarCams\GameData\Vehicles\F_Vintage\F_Vintage_Cams.cam

2. GID's d3d9.dll
    AMSBeta\MODS\GIDHud\d3d9.dll

***** I did have all GID's files and folders in my MODS folder. This worked, but there was a risk of overwriting the latest gidConf.txt with an older version from the MODS folder.