Issues with AI and the ASR mod - I am dumbfounded

I am using the ASR 1991 F1 cars and running a 1991 season. I usually spend all week learning, training and tuning with Friday nights being race night. Tonight was Monaco with the RaceRFactor Monaco track. I have 22 cars running a combination of the Ferrari, Benetton, McLaren and Williams. I finished first. Congratulations, right? I was the only car left on the track after the 28-lap race ended. On lap 1, six cars retired. Four of them were fuel, one accident and one simple DNF. On the second lap, three accidents and a fuel. By lap 18, the fourth place card expired. In the end there were 7 fuels, 10 accidents, 2 engine, 2 DNF. Okay, now I am pretty bad, so I have the AI set really low as I learn this sim racing thing so I can be competitive (I qualified 15th so I'm not running away with the races). But I just don't understand the fuel issue...especially on the first lap. A whole bunch of them went into the pits. Why didn't they refuel? I think they went in when the safety car was out; I remember reading something about pitting when the SC was out.

I should add this: I started the race twice. The first time, a ton of cars left the track on the first lap (the SC was out again because of a crash). I thought there was something wrong so I restarted the race (the results of the second start is what I describe above where I was the only one to finish). Anyway, I looked at the LogAnal report on that start and it shows that 12 of the AI cars retired for fuel on laps one and two.

I am dumbfounded. Anyone have a wild guess what the hell happened here?

I appreciate all your work on this. I'm satisfied to turn fuel usage off. I guess I don't understand why they don't pit, fill up and come back out on the track. I can understand that on the very first lap if they run out of fuel before they get around to the pits, but after that they should come in for fuel, shouldn't they?

I have one more question about the ASR cars and I don't want to start another post just for it because I'm asking if you saw the same thing. I can't seem to get the tires up to 200F unless I go into a spin. They just don't seem to build up temp over time. The brakes also seem to stay cold most of the time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%