1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Issue with Assetto Corsa server, no collisions.

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thomas McCormack, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Hi folks
    I have followed the examples given to set up a server on AC. It works fine except that it is non collision.

Damage multiplier is set to 100 as given.

Please help.

Many regards Thomas.

2. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Hi Thomas,

This issue is known to the developers and they're working on it apparently.
    From a small amount of testing, the issue seems to be that you can collide with multiplayer cars situated in grid slots 0 and 1 without obtaining any damage or feeling any contact even if you T-bone them.
    Grids slots 0 & 1 can obtain damage, and will feel the contact.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok as i have only tried with 2 cars I guess these slots are allocated 0 and 1. Although neither of us feel contact.

I am confused with the last sentence as this looks as if it is contradicting the previous statement. Sorry if I have mis-understood.

Regards Tom

4. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Oh? Well maybe my experience with the issue was limited, because I was not in grid slots 0 or 1.
    Perhaps they cannot feel contact either.

The only way around it ATM is to pre-book bogus players in the entry_list.cfg under CAR_0 and CAR_1. That way those two slots are taken before anyone else can book or join.

5. Sorry, but how do i do this?

Thank you for your assistance.

6. In MP cars in slots 0 and 1 can go through each other. But anyone who collides with a car in slot 0 or 1 can feel the hit, though cars in slots 0 and 1 cannot.

To fix this-- since apparently the devs aren't interested in a fix-- you'll need to set two dummy drivers in slots 0 in 1. Just put the regular stuff in the entry list and then a fake GUID.

As far as open servers go, I don't think there's a way to get around this.

Major MP issue, as far as I see it. But it's been three weeks since AC has known about it. I am still of the opinion that this issue will never be fixed (though I hope I'm wrong), because they don't know how to fix it.

Alan

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. good game if you drive alone but when you put ai or human players things get crazy.. i think this game is still at alpha stage but kunos needed money so he published this unfinished peace of ....

• Haha Haha x 1