Isle of Man and Irish Road Racing

I'd be interested to hear opinions from the RD forum members concerning the number of people that continue to get killed while participating in that type of motorcycle racing. Wikipedia says the total number on the Snaefell Mountain course is now over 250.
I never tire of watching the onboard videos of the races. The speeds they go , on a course as dangerous as that, never ceases to amaze me. I have nothing but respect for anyone who races there.
I was somewhat surprised to find a fair number of people who think that type of racing should be banned. Opinions anyone?

I'd be interested to hear opinions from the RD forum members concerning the number of people that continue to get killed while participating in that type of motorcycle racing.

What do you want to know? They know the risks, they fully accept them. Thank god the TT organisers and the Manx Government do not pander or bow down to the politically correct namby pamby crap that tries to ruin every other dangerous motorsport.

I attend the TT every year. I see death. I was present at Balagarey when the French racer died last week. He knew the risks and he accepted them. I'm an ex bike racer and track rider. I had a big crash last year at a British circuit and was lucky to get out of it alive, but that was my risk and my choice, same as the TT riders.
Thank god we still have this wonderfully dangerous sport called real road racing. I say ban the people who want things banned. Put them on a space ship and just send them away to somewhere where they can ban things to their hearts content.
That's my opinion. :thumbsup:
2013-isle-of-man-tt-photo-gallery-17_zpsdjdmbxuk.jpg

122_1010_01_oguy_martin_cheats_deathexplosion_zpsffckgt1g.jpg

Thanks for your reply ; that's kind of how I feel when it comes to something like the Isle of Man. It's very dangerous but it's also people doing things of their own free will. It's nice that there is at least one place left on the planet where you can do that.

Record braking races this year, just listened to the Seniors race with McGuinness winning his 23th TT on the big bike. Also new outright lap record set at 132.7 mph and a lot more riders going into the 130s. What about Peter Hickman, last year fastes newcommer and now already done a 131,5 mph lap im sure that guy will win some TT in the future.

Im not gonna comment on the risk part of this race, those riders know they risk their lives. If you want to ban this you have to ban a lot more dangerous daily stuff that people are doing that causing more deaths then this race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%